Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2003, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My Story so far...

Well it seems alot of young guys started the same way on this site. My dad thought me how to mow the lawn when i was about 10 i wonder why he showed me so early(lazy guy)
So i started to cut my lawn and my grandmothers that was around the block she gave me 5 bucks a shot yippe! Than when i was about 15 i was pulling my man powered trailer back to my house and a guy asked me how much to cut his grass i told him 20 bucks... After a few cuts my friend had the idea of handing out flyers in the area. Got 5 accounts from 50 flyers! We cut those lawns for 1 1/2 years than we couldn't work with eachother because we both tried to be the boss... so we split the 7 accounts we had i got 4 of the smaller ones he got 3... I went on to take care of those lawns untill i got my truck. Moved up in the world and bought a new mower. The 7 year old craftsman lasted pretty long... Bought 2 21" Jd's and a used echo gt-2000 and a poulan backpack blower used that last season and towards the end i bought a trailor echo hedge trimmer, chain saw, splitboom trimmer g/f bought me a echo pb-650 I'm going to marry that women if she keeps buying me stuff like that. I not only cut grass but i seem to get alot of jobs where i have to cut down a forest hehe. Anyways for the 2003 season i bought a exmark viking 32" with ecs and i am 100% legit. Well thats the story in short unorganized form.:blob1: