Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Can you believe this guy

I just pulled up to a new customer when his neighbor asked if we could do his yard. I was like sure. It is going to be 35 bucks. He says ok. Very small front yard and I look in the back and the grass is getting close to a foot high in some spots. Not too big of a deal with the walk behind but still sucks. I figure I will just eat it on this one and make it back with return business. We spend a good amount of time knocking out the back yard. Finish up. The guy hands me a check. Everything is fine. I go to the atm to deposit my checks for the day and take a look at the reciept that shows me a copy of the check. The SOB post dated it 6 days and didnt say a word about it. I dont know what I am going to say. I was PISSED. Who just hands over a post dated check without mentioning it. Man what a pile.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMADE View Post
I just pulled up to a new customer when his neighbor asked if we could do his yard. I was like sure. It is going to be 35 bucks. He says ok. Very small front yard and I look in the back and the grass is getting close to a foot high in some spots. Not too big of a deal with the walk behind but still sucks. I figure I will just eat it on this one and make it back with return business. We spend a good amount of time knocking out the back yard. Finish up. The guy hands me a check. Everything is fine. I go to the atm to deposit my checks for the day and take a look at the reciept that shows me a copy of the check. The SOB post dated it 6 days and didnt say a word about it. I dont know what I am going to say. I was PISSED. Who just hands over a post dated check without mentioning it. Man what a pile.
It is illegal to post date checks, the bank has to cash it or bounce it.
10Ft Dump Trailer
12Ft Leaf Box Billy Goat
60" Exmark Lazer Z
52" Hustler Mini Z
44" Toro Z Master
36" Bunton WB
21" Honda WB
Redmax & Stihl Handhelds
Bunch of other crap!!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMADE View Post
I believe it is illegal to postdate a check.... Or so I have been told.
RedMax Trimmer
RedMax Hedge Trimmers
5x8 tilt trailer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missis...e/151402474671
Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Shark View Post
It is illegal to post date checks, the bank has to cash it or bounce it.
One or the other is going to happen because it definitely got deposited. I think I will be telling him to f off next time I see him.. dont care if I lose the other account as that yard was garbage as well.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I dont think it is illegal to write posted dated check, as long as said check does not bounce when cashed/deposited whether it be earlier than the posted date or not.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You should have went back right then and told him you need todays date on there. Let me guess, you never bothered to call or stop back to his place and tell him? You just come on here and tell EVERYONE else but the person you should have told right then and there toi begin with.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, tell the man to call me instead!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you ask him if it was just a mistake. I have forgotten what day it was and made a check out wrong before.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know what you re complaining about. He paid you didn't he? I write the wrong date on stuff sometimes. If you have to wait 6 days for the check is irrelevant. It's just like sending a bill. Don't sweat it. Keep the yard and keep getting paid six days after you do the job.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
I don't know what you re complaining about. He paid you didn't he? I write the wrong date on stuff sometimes. If you have to wait 6 days for the check is irrelevant. It's just like sending a bill. Don't sweat it. Keep the yard and keep getting paid six days after you do the job.
A six day mistake?
Posted via Mobile Device