Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 AM
KINGMADE KINGMADE is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Keller, Tx
Posts: 237
Can you believe this guy

I just pulled up to a new customer when his neighbor asked if we could do his yard. I was like sure. It is going to be 35 bucks. He says ok. Very small front yard and I look in the back and the grass is getting close to a foot high in some spots. Not too big of a deal with the walk behind but still sucks. I figure I will just eat it on this one and make it back with return business. We spend a good amount of time knocking out the back yard. Finish up. The guy hands me a check. Everything is fine. I go to the atm to deposit my checks for the day and take a look at the reciept that shows me a copy of the check. The SOB post dated it 6 days and didnt say a word about it. I dont know what I am going to say. I was PISSED. Who just hands over a post dated check without mentioning it. Man what a pile.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Grass Shark's Avatar
Grass Shark Grass Shark is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zone 7
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMADE View Post
I just pulled up to a new customer when his neighbor asked if we could do his yard. I was like sure. It is going to be 35 bucks. He says ok. Very small front yard and I look in the back and the grass is getting close to a foot high in some spots. Not too big of a deal with the walk behind but still sucks. I figure I will just eat it on this one and make it back with return business. We spend a good amount of time knocking out the back yard. Finish up. The guy hands me a check. Everything is fine. I go to the atm to deposit my checks for the day and take a look at the reciept that shows me a copy of the check. The SOB post dated it 6 days and didnt say a word about it. I dont know what I am going to say. I was PISSED. Who just hands over a post dated check without mentioning it. Man what a pile.
It is illegal to post date checks, the bank has to cash it or bounce it.
__________________
1999 F250 Diesel
2000 F350 Dump
16Ft Enclosed Trailer
10Ft Dump Trailer
12Ft Leaf Box Billy Goat
60" Exmark Lazer Z
52" Hustler Mini Z
44" Toro Z Master
36" Bunton WB
21" Honda WB
Redmax & Stihl Handhelds
Bunch of other crap!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 AM
BadRancher's Avatar
BadRancher BadRancher is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Byram, MS
Posts: 5,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMADE View Post
I just pulled up to a new customer when his neighbor asked if we could do his yard. I was like sure. It is going to be 35 bucks. He says ok. Very small front yard and I look in the back and the grass is getting close to a foot high in some spots. Not too big of a deal with the walk behind but still sucks. I figure I will just eat it on this one and make it back with return business. We spend a good amount of time knocking out the back yard. Finish up. The guy hands me a check. Everything is fine. I go to the atm to deposit my checks for the day and take a look at the reciept that shows me a copy of the check. The SOB post dated it 6 days and didnt say a word about it. I dont know what I am going to say. I was PISSED. Who just hands over a post dated check without mentioning it. Man what a pile.
I believe it is illegal to postdate a check.... Or so I have been told.
__________________
Exmark Metro 36"
Stihl FC75 Edger/
Stihl BR550 blower/
RedMax Trimmer
RedMax Hedge Trimmers
5x8 tilt trailer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missis...e/151402474671
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 AM
KINGMADE KINGMADE is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Keller, Tx
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Shark View Post
It is illegal to post date checks, the bank has to cash it or bounce it.
One or the other is going to happen because it definitely got deposited. I think I will be telling him to f off next time I see him.. dont care if I lose the other account as that yard was garbage as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 AM
KINGMADE KINGMADE is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Keller, Tx
Posts: 237
I dont think it is illegal to write posted dated check, as long as said check does not bounce when cashed/deposited whether it be earlier than the posted date or not.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 AM
ALC-GregH's Avatar
ALC-GregH ALC-GregH is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 7,053
You should have went back right then and told him you need todays date on there. Let me guess, you never bothered to call or stop back to his place and tell him? You just come on here and tell EVERYONE else but the person you should have told right then and there toi begin with.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 AM
topsites topsites is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 21,677
Yes, tell the man to call me instead!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 AM
MOHUSTLER's Avatar
MOHUSTLER MOHUSTLER is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,376
Did you ask him if it was just a mistake. I have forgotten what day it was and made a check out wrong before.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
ashgrove landscaping's Avatar
ashgrove landscaping ashgrove landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: upstate, ny
Posts: 2,677
I don't know what you re complaining about. He paid you didn't he? I write the wrong date on stuff sometimes. If you have to wait 6 days for the check is irrelevant. It's just like sending a bill. Don't sweat it. Keep the yard and keep getting paid six days after you do the job.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM
ajslands ajslands is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
I don't know what you re complaining about. He paid you didn't he? I write the wrong date on stuff sometimes. If you have to wait 6 days for the check is irrelevant. It's just like sending a bill. Don't sweat it. Keep the yard and keep getting paid six days after you do the job.
A six day mistake?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.09891 seconds with 9 queries