Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 4235 Floor mat safety issue

I just wanted to throw this in here. I purchased a new Toro ZTR Timecutter 4235. Nice mower for the money, but I did not purchase a floor mat with the mower. I did not think that was needed. After I cut my yard today (2.5 acres), I learned that the mat is necessary. I think they call it a anti vibration mat. What happens since the floor deck on the mower has all the holes in it to make it not slippery, it allows tons of trash, sticks, tiny rocks, and so on to blow on the rider. You breath in dirt and grass and get dinged a lot. My hat is off to Toro customer service though. I called them and explained my problem. We discussed the issue and I expressed that I did not think it was fair that I would have to spend $40 to make my mower safe. This item should come with every mower. After some discussion with Toro customer service they agreed as a one time customer satisfaction resolution they would send me a floor mat. I appreciate the service. But if you buy one, please get the mat, you will be glad you did.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

toro did you right...

If it was my company, I would have chrged your cheap A$$ double for not getting it in the first place!!