Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

And a great job you did at that.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

big rim hat like the Magellan Sportswear hat from Academy Sports and a cooler of gatorade and water and sunscreen and sunglass/safety glasses...don't just drink water only .....when it's 95+ outside...you need electrolytes as well to prevent heat stroke and passing out
Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Definatley longsleeves and pants. Wide brim hat or a baseball cap with a bandana hanging under it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2011, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Not gonna lie. Later this year I will be rocking a cool shirt. If you havent heard of them check em out. http://www.coolshirt.net/ It aint cheap but worth every cool penny.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Most folks think that heat rises, and while this is true, what happens in fact
is that cold displaces heat and not the other way around.

We have to understand in this Universe cold is the default, whenever there is absolutely nothing going on it is cold,
very cold, in fact so dang cold we can't even begin to measure these extreme forms of cold that stem from nothingness.

Cold always exists, the Universe started very cold and it will likely end very cold, it is a fact that in at least 99%
of the Universe it is right now very, very cold, or at the least too cold for life to exist and only in very small portions
of the Universe does heat exist in any quantity, an ever smaller part does heat exist where life can occur, and the
rest is occupied by heat too great to consider for conversational purposes.

Because cold is not just the absence of heat, but heat is not the absence of cold,
it takes energy to create heat and without heat you have cold, but without cold
you still have nothing and you can't get heat out of nothing hence the absence of
cold does not, can not exist.

Not that it helps, but I thought I'd explain it.
Damn Steven Hawking.

Yeah I also wear a mexican hat, stupid looking but really helps shade my whole body.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

doesnt usually get too bad here, worst was last summer the hottest day of the summer I was doing an 8 yard mulch job it was 95 degrees out, left in the middle of the job to go to an apartment fire then came back and finished the job.

I get Gatorade and mix it in 1-gallon water jugs 50/50 with water. My old truck did not have A/C, but the new one does although I prob won't use it. I think its worse for your body to be in and out of the A/C all the time. Gotta hydrate BEFORE exertion too. So that doesnt mean wait til after your fisrt couple lawns to take a drink when you're thirsty. You need to start hydrating from the time you get home the night before.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i have to run the a/c lol...during the summer it's like 200 degrees inside the truck if i didn't run it lol
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

last summer I was working for another company (i thought I was going to be selling mine. Kept mine running, and then decided to keep it going.) Anyways our attire was brown duck carhartt pants, and a green coton polo or t-shirt. Plus a hard hat and saftey vest (large commercial site). You just need to drink a lot of water, but also get the electrolytes in you too (gatorade). Lightweight long sleeves help too since it absorbs your sweat and then keeps you cool. Wear a hat, and get a wet towle or bandana and put in on your head over the back of your neck.

We do the same thing with water. Fill up gallon jugs the night before, and freeze them. Then take them out and they thaw out, and if you need too, add a little water to them, but those things can last sometimes almost 2 days. And I also bring about 2 bottles of gatorade to drink at throughout the day. No soda at all, that will just dehydrate you. We do those types of water bottles everynight, but they work wonders in the summer. If your really thirsty, and the ice hasnt melted a ton, at a stop, put it on the ground by a tire, it will melt really fast, but still be cool.