Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I would rather see actual pics of the work you do. It gives clients an idea of your abilities and lets you put your work on display.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:49 AM
LawnSite Member

It was my second day out mowing, and as I was mowing one of my accounts, the neighbor came over and asked for a bid. When I finished with the yard I was working on, I went over and gave my bid. She accepted it plus next week I am dethatching, fertilizing and mowing her lawn! Not bad. I picked up an account, and managed to fit in an extra mow to boot. If only every account was that easy to get. Oh, and she paid me all in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMADE View Post
Don't mind the Debby Downers. Get at it, have fun, put what ever pictures you want on YOUR site, and save some money for a rainy day, because there will be some. Just have fun and take care of your customers and everything will be alright. Also I wish someone told me this when I first started. PEOPLE WITH TRASHY YARDS USUALLY DO NOT PAY VERY WELL, OR ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! just stay away!
That could easily lead to lawsuits if he's using pics unauthorized by the owner. Best put pics that HE took then use pics that you "stole" from someone else. Just sayin....
Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappaab View Post
It was my second day out mowing, and as I was mowing one of my accounts, the neighbor came over and asked for a bid. When I finished with the yard I was working on, I went over and gave my bid. She accepted it plus next week I am dethatching, fertilizing and mowing her lawn! Not bad. I picked up an account, and managed to fit in an extra mow to boot. If only every account was that easy to get. Oh, and she paid me all in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device
Did you take any pics? You should take pics of ALL the jobs you get/do. You don't have to post them all on your site. Having them can help you with quality control by reviewing them later. If they look good, use them on your site. At least you'll have some to pick and choose from. You shouldn't EVER use pics that you didn't take unless you have permission from the person that took them.