Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Yeah working on them is another thing but let me tell you my aunt had one identical to your yellow one That I drove quite a few times and the difference between that and a seadoo is night and day, let alone the difference of a four stoke. 2 strokes you also have to worry about the oil etc.
2 big things I didn't like about that Kawasaki was the spray from the front (of course you are supposed to get wet on a jet ski yes) but it all comes up the front constantly and right into your eyes. Also the reverse lever the position of it and your throttle makes docking and loading etc very hard.
Don't know why they put the reverse level on the right (same as the throttle)? Maybe they thought it would be safer like that...who knows? I've havn't noticed too much on the spray in your face issue. Performance wise these kawas don't matchup hp wise to seadoos. Seadoos have mostly 3 different size engines on these older models (85hp, 110hp?, 130hp) Kawas have 2 (100hp & 120hp) I have yet to actually ride a comparable seadoo to see for myself. These kawa engines are 3 cylinders & modest compression & suck the gas. Seadoos are all 2 cylinder High compression engines that get somewhat better MPG. 2 cylinder vs. 3. Kawasakis thinking was lower compression = longer live. vs. High compression = fail quicker????
Old 04-21-2011, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEVO View Post
Don't know why they put the reverse level on the right (same as the throttle)? Maybe they thought it would be safer like that...who knows? I've havn't noticed too much on the spray in your face issue. Performance wise these kawas don't matchup hp wise to seadoos. Seadoos have mostly 3 different size engines on these older models (85hp, 110hp?, 130hp) Kawas have 2 (100hp & 120hp) I have yet to actually ride a comparable seadoo to see for myself. These kawa engines are 3 cylinders & modest compression & suck the gas. Seadoos are all 2 cylinder High compression engines that get somewhat better MPG. 2 cylinder vs. 3. Kawasakis thinking was lower compression = longer live. vs. High compression = fail quicker????
ya I want to say safety thing but its stupid makes everything harder seadoos desgin is much better. gas mileage I am not sure I would almost say they are the same I know they all like gas though I mean these engines run at 6-7k rpm! Your logic on the fail quicker/lives longer seems logical but our first jet ski was a 2stroke seadoo which the engine blew up and and the OP said one of the kawasakis had a blown engine so it almost seems like those go quicker I am not to sure

Oh to the OP the biggest most important thing to watch when riding is NOT TO SUCK UP ROCKS!! dont get into to shallow of an area. My uncles has sucked up a few my cousin did some and my dad did one. if you do shut the machine off an get it out of the water and you need a hook of some sort to reach in and pull out jammed rocks. if you run it too long with a rock in it tears the tube up and they are pricey to have rebuilt
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I dont have one and really not a place for one but been on a few sea doos,kawaskis and some yamahas i love jet skis its just something u got to have when u have a house on the lake and besides the boat hahha but i got a few atvs.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..