Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I love mowing lawns, and doing seed and fert jobs

But I hate doing everything else. When a customer ask me if I do mulch and garden block should I say yes and just contract it out or should I give them a referral of other locs in the are? Some people want the company that takes care of there lawn to be able to do everything and I don't wanna lose clients but I am solo. I don't want to waste a day mulching when I can make more money cutting solo. Anyone else with this problem?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

then price your other jobs so that you make as much money. I don't particularly like weeding flower beds that have laid dormant for 2 years, but if someone is willing to pay me to pull out weeds at the rate I have to charge to make ends meet, then so be it. Last time I checked, my bank account didn't care what the source of the money was, just the fact that it made it there.

My business provides quality lawn care, but more than that, we offer even higher customer service.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am like you but I do the work and hire friends to help me. I notice I make waayy more money doing mulch with 2 guys helping me in 2 hours than I ever would cutting 2 hours of grass...So the $$ has drawn me into doing those other jobs.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I sub out all bed work for that reason. I'm not equipped or talented to handle such things, and the guy I work with is A+ all the way around.
Honda HRX217K2HXA
Toro Recycler
Stihl BR600
Stihl KM90 + FCS-KM + FS-KM + HL-KM 135
Stihl MS180

That progressives and other collectivists can maintain with a straight face that “we are the government” while simultaneously maintaining that “a corporation is separate and apart from its owners” stands of one of the most glaring inconsistencies in their ideologies. -Robert Higgs