Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no minimum, just need to make a good wage and not do it for free and Im happy. Mostly $25 for small resi's.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If the yard is among others we do it would be $15. We edge fronts for $5 if it next to a yard we do. Money is money regardless of how small amount.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
If the yard is among others we do it would be $15. We edge fronts for $5 if it next to a yard we do. Money is money regardless of how small amount.
I am getting 7 for edging only Get what you can when you can.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
sweet, i just learned something. i learned i have no idea what i'm talking about

my min. is $25 and that has nothing to do with what side of town it's on or what equipment gets loaded and unloaded.

my price per cut is strictly based off the size of the property, how much trimming is included, how much edging is included and how much clean up.

i can have one lawn thats $25 a week and 5 min. drive time and another lawn that is $25 with 15 min. drive time if i wanted.

i run a route and place clients accordingly but there location doesn't affect my price per cut.
So 15 minute drive there. 15 minute drive back. load unload time. You might as well be paying them to cut it.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I get a kick from these guys and their minimums. Like the $35 is my minimum but I will mow 3 acres for $36! Who are you trying to fool? I lose jobs Ive been mowing for years at $80 to you clowns who come in and mow it for $30. Then they say hey , whatever it takes to put food on the table. What a joke.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphied View Post
I get a kick from these guys and their minimums. Like the $35 is my minimum but I will mow 3 acres for $36! Who are you trying to fool? I lose jobs Ive been mowing for years at $80 to you clowns who come in and mow it for $30. Then they say hey , whatever it takes to put food on the table. What a joke.
I've lost accounts to these guys also, but in the end the customer ends up calling me back and saying " I can't get the guy here to take care of my yard I need you back" LOL obviously I don't go back for the same price I was at, I've grown and prices have gone up
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Surprised no one said what if you lost all the lawns near it, would you still make money traveling out of your way to do it? Don't get cocky and price lower just because it's next to your other lawns. You never know what can happen and if you lose the lawns near that one you are better off losing that little lawn as well!.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
It should be 1/2 of what you would charge for a 20 min lawn, 1/3 of a 30 min lawn, etc.

What did you quote?
so if you charged $30 for a 30 minute lawn you would charge $5 for a 5 minute lawn??

My cost of doing a lawn is much more than the time i spend on it, but also the time it takes to get to it, fuel, estimating, advertising, insurance (pennies per lawn, but still an expense).etc

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Have you had a customer ask you to lower your price because it costs them more to drive to work yet?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMADE View Post
if they are wanting weekly and it is around other properties of yours on the same days then 25. If it is bi weekly 30. If it is a one time job charge as much as you possibly can. A lot of times a nice car in the driveway can give you an idea of their budget.
what if your nearby customer moves or stops service, should you give a discount because you hustled?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape