Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-22-2003, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Help With Toro W/B Please

Hello,

I have a problem, I have a Toro 62" W/B.I was mowing this evening and the blades just "shut off",I hit the switch and they came back on, but when I tried to move they shut off again.Then it changed,now they will come on and stay on as long as I don't move foreward,I can stay still,or even move backward and they stay on but when I try to go forewards they cut off. I had this problem right after I bought this thing.We jiggled wires and replaced relays to no avail.We then went to the fuse holder that goes to blades,spliced in another one and they kept working,I checked the holder today and found a prong broke off the fuse holder so I went and bought a new one and installed it still does the same thing.I've tried to jiggle wires with the blades on setting still but can't get it to kick off.But as soon as I start moving the t-bar to go forewards, the shut off.Please help,I'm going to have to borrow one of my dad's tomm. to use but I need to get "big boy" back in the grass.Thanks Y'all, Conoverbandit
Old 04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Take it to the dealer, let them figure it out.

You've done everything I would try before taking it to the dealer.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES
Old 04-23-2003, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Got It!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply, but somehow paying the dealer $52.00/hr. and waiting for 8 days before they'd even look at it didn't seem to good.We got 2 other w/b's so I teaded parts and after 3 hours found the problem.The switch that's on the "t-bar" that shuts the blades off when you let go of the handle wasn't getting pushed far enough in to keep the connection. So after a little "refitting" of the switch, she mows as good as she always did.So by doing it myself I saved $156.00 labor alone, and not to mention I only lost a partial day instead of 8-or more. $52.00/hr labor.......I think I'm in the wrong line of work! LOL.

Conoverbandit
Old 04-24-2003, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you bought the mower there it seems like 8 days is a bit long to wait before they even look at it.

Perhaps they should take a look at contractors who purchased their equipment there before contractors and homeowners who did not purchase equipment there.

If my dealer told me 8 days before they could even look at my equipment I'd go elsewhere to buy next time. NO WAY would I accept that.

If he's that busy he needs to hire some seasonal help to lighten the workload.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES