Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat Planer head acting up?

We rented a Bobcat cold planer 24" HF on a S300. When the mill head is engaged and the operator tries to adjust the depth controls it steals flow from the head to the point where the drum in dies in the cut. We are only cutting around 2" so its not a deep cut by any means. We have already switched loaders from the dealer and still no fix, so it must be in the attachment itself. The dealer also acknowledges that it is not operating correctly but the only option for today was switching out the loader..............anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's supposed to do that, it steals oil from from the motor and sends it to solenoid valves, you should never adjust the depth while planing, back up a bit, raise the loader and adjust the depth, that's like shifting from forward to reverse while still on the highway at cruising speeds.
I rented a Harley Rake with my T190 and the attachment control harness was plugged into my machine, it did the same thing while I angled or adjusted the depth.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96