Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I had one manage to put a square peg in a round hole and they say it couldn't be done. 6 years ago the guys hooked up my trailer and the new guy (who is to date the dumbest employee I have ever had) plugs the trailer into the truck we use the 7 prong style plugs on our trailers and they have a square rail on the top of the round plug so you can only put the plug in one way. He managed to jam it in upside down so my blinkers were reversed the entire day. Was a few beeps but never understood why so the day comes to an end I'm 2 towns from home its getting dark fast so as I'm going down the road I pull the light switch and nearly go through the wind shield. The brakes on the trailer instantly locked up when we turned the lights on so of course I turn them off but its getting dark so we try one more time and no doubt about it its the light switch that's doing it. So I drive home in the dark with no lights didn't dare try to figure out the problem it was getting darker by the second. So the next morning when we go over what happened that's when we find his handy work and man that had to take some effort to jam it in there like that.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I cant stand when guys mow and discharge in the beds or tee rings. I always thought it was common sense but apparently it isnt. The other day I was talking with a customer while my guy was mowing. He covers the tree ring in grass. Customer says, "I just mulched that in black and now it is green"
Old 05-07-2011, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLewisLawnCare View Post
hired him a month before mowing season and this was the first week.
He would be looking for a job after that.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePilot4u View Post
i havent done it but doing the wrong house is a big 1...someone on here did it on a mulch job and the wrong house made them pick up all the new mulch and put another color in, lol that had to suck.
roflmao
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

he should be. Im an idiot and gave him a 20 minute speech along with a 8 hr session of me staring at him while he mows lawns. He did a great job for that 8 hours and we are under the assumption if he does that again he doesn't have a job.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLewisLawnCare View Post
pretty pissed when I got to the site. Guy ran into something with the mower (which has a hanging deck) and it took such a force that the deck on one side fell off.
A noteworthy Screw-up.

In essence, working with equipment that is broken or malfunctioning.

Reminds me of a Backhoe at a country club, where instead of fixing the leaking hose fitting, they had workers put in 5 gallons of oil every day. Knowing 5 gallons dripped wherever it went. Same issue, a tendency to use malfunctioning equipment.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890