Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know what to say about the walker. As far as the gravely, go to your local hardware store, get some heavy duty contractor trash bags, put a trash bag inside each of your mesh bags, and when full just pull the trash bag out and put in the back if your pickup. I think walker has some kindof a bin you can put inside of the big bin, you could get them an just dump into trash bags or trash cans, maybe. Infact i think walker makes their own trash bags you can dump into, but i here when wet they are like 200 lbs fill up with grass
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

What to do with clippings

I have a cabover with an 8' x 18' landscaper body. It has expanded mesh in the side rails, so when my Walker gets full, I back up on the bed and dump the hopper. The bed itself is steel diamond plate, and the right side rail folds down, so when it's time to clean the bed, I lower the side rail, and rake and/or shovel the clippings off the right side. Another thing I found that works well is bags. My dealer sells these plastic bags, fairly heavy duty, that will fit over the mouth of the hopper on the Walkers. I open the hopper, stretch a bag over the mouth of the hopper, and then dump the hopper into the bag. My Walker has the large hopper, but these bags will hold a whole hopper full. I tie the bags, so clippings are not blowing out all over S.C.
When it's time to clean the truck bed off, again, I fold the side rail down on the right side, slide a bag accross the bed floor(because you can't lift them when they are full) and untie the bag, tilt it over on it's side, and dump it off the truck. If you're halfway careful with the bags, you can re-use them. Bags come on a big roll, in a box with about 80 bags to a roll. keeps the truck bed a little cleaner, and I don't have to worry about S.C.'s finest pulling me over for stuff blowing out of the back of my truck.

Rick
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weed wacker2
Where does everyone put yalls grass and debris at?
Don't know, I don't have any customers named yall.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I run walkers and have a debris systems trailer. debrissystems.com
Best money I have spent outside the walkers!