Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Best way to get new customers

I want to expand since summerbreak is almost here. Just wondering what is the best type of advertising? Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Exmark Vantage 36"
Ariens Zoom 34"

Husqvarna 22" HU800BBC

2 Husqvarna 327RJX Trimmers
Husqvarna 350BT Blower
Toro blow/suck

MTD edger
Old 05-08-2011, 03:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Summers almost here? lets take one month at a time please. jk

And, ask all your current customers to refer you, thats what has worked the best for me.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepais15 View Post
I want to expand since summerbreak is almost here. Just wondering what is the best type of advertising? Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks!
For 360 Lawn Service it has been Internet advertising. We get less calls than traditional news paper and fllyer advertising, but the quality of customer has increased. Get a website and sign up with the search engines.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2011, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

We like to work on getting as many customers on one street as possible. So we charge a little less to get the first customer on the street knowing that we will get referrals.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Our best advertising has been our website. Like 360 lawn said, not as many calls but after they read our site they know they are going to be paying for a quality service. Tried craigslist and wasted alot of time running all over town to give estimates to cheap people that want their overgrown lawns knocked down just so they don't get a ticket from the city. Also did direct mail postcards to neighbors of our existing clients. Advertising to the neighbors has helped our fuel cost tremendously. It has made our routes much tighter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Old 05-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepais15 View Post
One of the most effective forms of marketing/advertising that you gets you leads and new customers is direct mail. The company I work for, PostcardMania, specializes in lead generation marketing and direct mail. This is a great tool for the lawn/landscaping industry.

If you want to learn more about how other professionals (just like you) have done it - I have a report you can download for free, it has 7 real-life case studies: http://www.postcardmania.com/7-ways-...caping-empire/

If you have any questions or would like some more ideas, let me know. Doorhangers are also a good option!

Sylvia Heneghan

Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stick a flyer on every mailbox you see with 15 dollars per cut on it. You will get all the business you can handle.

LOL......Just kidding.

Im trying the mailer thing this year. I am getting a lot of tire kickers, but my prices still are higher than the guys with the craftsman lawn tractor in the back of their truck. Right now, its all about money to the customer.

Ive gotten a few customers from referrals. We do quality work and I demand a lot from my employees, but it pays off in the end with long term clients.
Greensboro NC
Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass-scapes View Post
Stick a flyer on every mailbox you see with 15 dollars per cut on it. You will get all the business you can handle.

LOL......Just kidding.

Im trying the mailer thing this year. I am getting a lot of tire kickers, but my prices still are higher than the guys with the craftsman lawn tractor in the back of their truck. Right now, its all about money to the customer.

Ive gotten a few customers from referrals. We do quality work and I demand a lot from my employees, but it pays off in the end with long term clients.
I like your idea lol.

Cool you're going to do some direct mail, you can definitely take market share with continual marketing like that, even if you are a little more expensive than the other guys. Figure out your niche - what makes you better and why should people pay more to use you vs. the cheap guy? That might help you come up with your branding and marketing message.

If you need some ideas of what other landscapers have done with direct mail, take a look at these examples: http://www.postcardmania.com/library...ape-marketing/

I'd be happy to send you out a free sample pack so that you can see the quality and look of the pieces on-hand, just let me know. You can also buzz me if you need any tips/advice on putting together an effective direct mail campaign. Happy to help!

Sylvia Heneghan

Old 05-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Sponsor

Hey there -- we have a ton of Lawnsite Member customers & while they favor door hangers for most of the marketing - there is a large percentage that do both door hangers and poscards. Our Band-It Stick-It products are really popular with the lawn service industry because they keep the info in view & off the lawn. I have lots of helpful information for you on my Blogspot to help you get educated on direct mail and we have some really great LAWNSITE MEMBER ONLY specials going right now. Call Glenda today & she can fill you in if you didn't already receive the email. 866-778-4254 or email directly at stickit@adeasprinting.com

www.adeasprinting.com/connect-with-us (CLICK ON BLOGSPOT TO READ MY BLOGS ON DIRECT MAIL)

Take care,

Robin
www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers
(866) 778-4254
robin@adeasprinting.com