Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Shegardi Shegardi is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 197
app rate should be the same for Mec as 3 Way
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 PM
WildLake's Avatar
WildLake WildLake is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 367
Let me know if my math is wrong but I think you are applying over 2lbs of N/k

200lbs of 46-0-0 x.46 equals 92lbs N divided by 300gal equals .307lbs N/gal X7gal/k equals 2.149/k.

I don't do liquid fert but isnt 2lb/k if N high
__________________
MDA no. 29204 (3-C)(6)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 PM
rkk95 rkk95 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: west PA
Posts: 163
If you are spraying at 7 gallons per thousand and you are adding 200 pounds of urea to 300 gallons that means you are applying over two pounds of n per 1000 square feet. That is way to high of a rate on any type of grass. Why would you spray at 7 gallons per 100? If that is your true rate then you are only able to get 42,000 per tank. By the way if you read the lable on Mecamine D you will see that it is the same rate as three way or most any 24d product which in my area is 1.5os per 1000 sq ft. and you should be adding half a gallon per tank if what you say about your application rate is true.
__________________
Try me first, try me last, just try me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:17 AM
lazyike lazyike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central minnesota
Posts: 241
Wow man check your math again thats way to hot..... I also run a 300 gallon tank and I get 100,000 sq ft. a tank, I will put max 3 bags urea in the mix and usually put 2 bags unless I throw in some umaxx.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 AM
vvcchamb vvcchamb is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkk95 View Post
If you are spraying at 7 gallons per thousand and you are adding 200 pounds of urea to 300 gallons that means you are applying over two pounds of n per 1000 square feet. That is way to high of a rate on any type of grass. Why would you spray at 7 gallons per 100? If that is your true rate then you are only able to get 42,000 per tank. By the way if you read the lable on Mecamine D you will see that it is the same rate as three way or most any 24d product which in my area is 1.5os per 1000 sq ft. and you should be adding half a gallon per tank if what you say about your application rate is true.
Sorry, it's 3.5 gallons per 1000 sq. feet. High school math. That still puts me a little hot, but I have always ran a little over a pound per 1000 with no problems. What do you guys think of the fungus thing?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2011, 12:29 AM
vvcchamb vvcchamb is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyike View Post
Wow man check your math again thats way to hot..... I also run a 300 gallon tank and I get 100,000 sq ft. a tank, I will put max 3 bags urea in the mix and usually put 2 bags unless I throw in some umaxx.
It's 3.5 gallons per 1000, not 7. Duh. Still a little hot, but not any more than I have always been. Any comment on the fungus hypothesis?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:19 AM
lazyike lazyike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central minnesota
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcchamb View Post
It's 3.5 gallons per 1000, not 7. Duh. Still a little hot, but not any more than I have always been. Any comment on the fungus hypothesis?
Yea that is suspect, Could it be brown patch???? If we could get some pics. Did you spray these yards last year? Does it look like nitrogen burn?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:19 PM
georgiaturf georgiaturf is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 12
Are these lawns Bermuda, Fescue, Zoysia, etc?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:47 PM
mdlwn1 mdlwn1 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: new jersey/new york
Posts: 2,445
1lb/1000...liquid N....yikes!...with weed killer! Can this thread reaaly go further?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 AM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Yea, at those rates, it only take one or 2 days over 80 to hear the bacon sizzlin. Something else is the "feed grade" Urea. Is it melting properly? Do you have good tank agitation? Does the tank mix become more concenmtrated as the day goes on because of improper mixing if the active ingredients? Many variables but the first thing I'd do is drop the rate/1000 of N.
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
apps , browniing , spray

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.09639 seconds with 9 queries