Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM
biscuit141 biscuit141 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 53
used Exmark 60" bagger...what's a good price?

I am looking to buy a 60" mower and a bagger. The seller of the mower I am going to look at today also has a mower with bagger he is wanting to sell, but I want to see if he will include the bagger with the mower I am looking at. He said the bagger is in good shape and is a 2003 or 2004 model, but i have not seen photos. I believe the whole bagger kit sells for $1800 to $2000 is that correct? I have seen them go for $400 to $800 used on this site. he said he would like $900. I'm not sure I want to spend an extra $900 right now, but I also know I do want a bagger at some point and I could deffinetly use it.

I guess what I am asking is what is a price I should shoot for that would make it too good a deal to pass up, as long as it is in good condition?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:35 AM
tuffram's Avatar
tuffram tuffram is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
I am looking to buy a 60" mower and a bagger. The seller of the mower I am going to look at today also has a mower with bagger he is wanting to sell, but I want to see if he will include the bagger with the mower I am looking at. He said the bagger is in good shape and is a 2003 or 2004 model, but i have not seen photos. I believe the whole bagger kit sells for $1800 to $2000 is that correct? I have seen them go for $400 to $800 used on this site. he said he would like $900. I'm not sure I want to spend an extra $900 right now, but I also know I do want a bagger at some point and I could deffinetly use it.

I guess what I am asking is what is a price I should shoot for that would make it too good a deal to pass up, as long as it is in good condition?
What year is the mower? How many hours are on it? I assume it has been used for commercial use before? How well has he maintained it? Any extras come with it minus the bagger?
__________________
2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
Kubota ZG222 48'' Pro Deck
Kubota T1880 42''
Kubota W5021 Commercial
Exmark Metro 21
Stihl SG 20
Stihl FS 110 R
Stihl FS 55 R
Stihl MS 290
Stihl HS 45
Husqvarna 123L
Husqvarna 356BT
Echo Pas 225
McLane Edger
7 X 14 Smith Built Trailer
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 AM
biscuit141 biscuit141 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffram View Post
What year is the mower? How many hours are on it? I assume it has been used for commercial use before? How well has he maintained it? Any extras come with it minus the bagger?
The mower I am looking at is a 03 or 04 60" Lazer Z with 25 hp Kohler engine and 980 hours and looks to be in pretty good shape. Original engine with oil changed monthly and hydo fluid changed annually.

Tha bagger is not with this mower, it is on another mower with a replaced engine and higher hours. But he said he would be willing to include it with the mower I am looking at. It is used commerically but seems well cared for. Said he would through in an extra set of blades. Are there other extras I should ask for?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
tuffram's Avatar
tuffram tuffram is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
The mower I am looking at is a 03 or 04 60" Lazer Z with 25 hp Kohler engine and 980 hours and looks to be in pretty good shape. Original engine with oil changed monthly and hydo fluid changed annually.

Tha bagger is not with this mower, it is on another mower with a replaced engine and higher hours. But he said he would be willing to include it with the mower I am looking at. It is used commerically but seems well cared for. Said he would through in an extra set of blades. Are there other extras I should ask for?
Extras would be stuff like, extra sets of blades, mulching kit, spare parts like belts, filters, deck bearings etc. anything he might have to go the mower that you might have to replace one day down the road to keep you from spending money on the same things.
__________________
2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
Kubota ZG222 48'' Pro Deck
Kubota T1880 42''
Kubota W5021 Commercial
Exmark Metro 21
Stihl SG 20
Stihl FS 110 R
Stihl FS 55 R
Stihl MS 290
Stihl HS 45
Husqvarna 123L
Husqvarna 356BT
Echo Pas 225
McLane Edger
7 X 14 Smith Built Trailer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
biscuit141 biscuit141 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 53
Will a bagger from and UltraCut fit on a TriVantage?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2011, 12:43 PM
chesterlawn's Avatar
chesterlawn chesterlawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: s.e. pa.
Posts: 652
Yes, mine was fit on both.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
biscuit141 biscuit141 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterlawn View Post
Yes, mine was fit on both.
Any comments on price?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.08202 seconds with 9 queries