Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So anybody have one of the new husky blowers yet.. or know when they will be out???
1998 isuzu diesel dump 14,500gvw
2011 grandstand 60''
2009 phazer 34"
2013 gs 36'
Old 05-29-2011, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Member

According to what I was told, the new blowers are likely months away. In fact, the new hedge trimmers that were at some trade shows and Husq schools last winter are still not in the stores. Other than that, I don't know...

Was also told by regional (?) sales rep that the new factory in SC (for zt mowers) were only at 60-70% production levels.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

where is the factory located that makes the blowers. Is it the one here in SC where the mowers are built.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryDaddy View Post
where is the factory located that makes the blowers. Is it the one here in SC where the mowers are built.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm pretty sure husqvarna is moving all their production lines to orangeburg. Which I think even includeds the poullun plant and a few others.

I know on their fabricated decks they are like 4-6 months behind. I'm not even sure if they have gotten their new series mower out (Pz-T). I know my dealer just got his fall order of Pz's in. They are running that plant 6 or 7 days a week, 24 hours to try and catch up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I looked at the Husqvarna 580 BFS today. Man that thing is huge. I like that it has a hip strap and the tubes are gigantic and it comes with 2 tips, the rounded one and the fluted one. The straps don't look like they're very well padded compared to most other's I've seen, which is kind of surprising since this thing weighs nearly 30 pounds. So if this one of the Redmax blowers? If so what model? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere. I know it replaced the 380, but what are the differences, if any? I was leaning toward the Shindaiwa EB 802 but this thing got my attention. I have 2 older EB 630s that still run fine but I'm looking for one blower that just has pure brute force for those tough cleanup condtions.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I looked at the Husqvarna 580 BFS today. Man that thing is huge. I like that it has a hip strap and the tubes are gigantic and it comes with 2 tips, the rounded one and the fluted one. The straps don't look
like they're very well padded compared to most other's I've seen, which is kind of surprising since this thing weighs nearly 30 pounds. So if this one of the Redmax blowers? If so what model? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere. I know it replaced the 380, but what are the differences, if any? I was leaning toward the Shindaiwa EB 802 but this thing got my attention. I have 2 older EB 630s that still run fine but I'm looking for one blower that just has pure brute force for those tough cleanup condtions.
It is a read 8500. I too looked at it, it also has a strap across the chest. It feels light than my 380bts. The 580 puts out over a 1000 cfm, the thing is a monster. I may get one in a week or two.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I thought it was a hip strap not a chest strap... I didn't take it off the rack though. The reviews I've seen of the 8500 were less than impressive but it probably takes a bit to break them in with that large of an engine.

P.S. - Oh, you saying it has a hip and chest strap? That would be sweet. That's how my backpacks are set up...just backpacks, not backpack blowers. Nice to be able to distribute the weight to your liking.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think its an all new design just using the same numbers could be wrong though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 570BFS. Bought it at my local dealer on Wednesday. He had it on special for $450 instead of $500. 770CFM and a 236MPH tip speed. It freaking moves the air! Peels wet leaves up out of wet grass and off of pavement. Its shoulder straps were padded nicely to me and I really liked the chest strap. It kept the shoulder straps from sliding and kept the blower on me snugly. It did put off more of an emission odor than I was used to but that has since dissipated. I know not much of a review but other than telling you its listed as more powerful than Stihl's 600 Mag and Echo's 770 and that it moved wet leaves, grass and acorns like they had been basking in the sun all day I don't know what to say. Ask me specific questions and I will answer for you.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I looked at the Husqvarna 580 BFS today. Man that thing is huge. I like that it has a hip strap and the tubes are gigantic and it comes with 2 tips, the rounded one and the fluted one. The straps don't look like they're very well padded compared to most other's I've seen, which is kind of surprising since this thing weighs nearly 30 pounds. So if this one of the Redmax blowers? If so what model? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere. I know it replaced the 380, but what are the differences, if any? I was leaning toward the Shindaiwa EB 802 but this thing got my attention. I have 2 older EB 630s that still run fine but I'm looking for one blower that just has pure brute force for those tough cleanup condtions.
Husky owns Redmax.

The 580 is the exact same blower as the RM 8500. When I demo'd the big BP's a while back, the 8500 didn't do anything the Echo 770 and Stihl BR600 wouldn't do, and in fact seemed to do slightly less. As I mentioned in that review, all who were watching thought the same thing.

You may be right that the 8500 needs a good breaking in period, but then so do the other two, to reach peak performance. I was really impressed with the 770, as I am with my 600M, but I still would like to try one of the 8500/580's for a season. The weight difference is very noticeable, and the extra bulk even more so when comparing the 8500/580's to the other two as well, but only a full season would tell the full story.

I can get the Husky for a lot less than the 8500, so if I decide to go for it, the Husky is what I'll buy.

Tags
ace hardware , blower , husqvarna