Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Americans are where its at!!!! My Brazilian guy is the nicest hardest working guy i have every seen, and boy does he like his soccer!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
South Americans are also Americans. They aren't generally referred to as Americans but it isn't incorrect to say that they are also Americans.

People seem to forget that the Americas are more than The United States of America. Ask people how many countries are in North America? Most will say 2, United States and Canada; some will say 3 and include Mexico, very few realize that their are 23 Countries in North America plus a s**t load of territories. Then there are another dozen countries in South America, so that's what, 35 different nationalities that can be referred to as America.

And before some one say "you don't refer to some one by the continent, only by the country", how many people refer to people as European, Asian, or African? those earn't countries but are Continents.

Now that that is said, it is generally understood that when someone is called "American" we are referring to some one who's nationality is that of The United States of America
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Guess things just cant be simple. you know what I meant, you know what I mean. if we need to get technical. ill get it reworded to 'proudly United States of America Owned & Operated'
Although technically people from mexico, canada, hell all the way down to argentina would be considered Americans but I believe that the legal citizens of our country should be employed before a company starts importing.
could write 'God Bless America' down the side but you would argue its not politically correct.
is what it is
Old 06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good man! Take those trailer manufacturer stickers off and it will clear up the back and sides even more. It kinda gets in the way of the first part of your name and they aint paying ya to advertize anyways!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyredd99 View Post
Guess things just cant be simple. you know what I meant, you know what I mean. if we need to get technical. ill get it reworded to 'proudly United States of America Owned & Operated'
Although technically people from mexico, canada, hell all the way down to argentina would be considered Americans but I believe that the legal citizens of our country should be employed before a company starts importing.
could write 'God Bless America' down the side but you would argue its not politically correct.
is what it is
How about you just kill the whole idea?!

Thats a real nice trailer, congrats on the purchase!
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures