Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-31-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Ok I gotcha. We don't cut that type of grass here. All of our grass is fescue. Does that lawn have much of a backyard? If the back is about the same size as the front that is a $20 to $25 lawn in our area.

I have to knock them out in volume to make any money with the low prices around here. I showed up in a neighborhood this morning at 7am that we have 8 lawns on one block. I was pulling away at 9:15. That is about 17 minutes each to cut, trim and blow off and that included stopping to talk for a minute to 2 customers wanting to know how my dad was doing. Went 3 blocks over and did one then 2 blocks and did 1 then 10 minutes up the street and did 2 then 5 minutes away another 2 then another 2 minutes and did 1 and was burning up by then so I headed home at 12 and had 15 done. Heat index today of 105.
at the end of the video it has 3 pics...the first is the front yard and the second is the backyard..third is the side of the house...i get $40 for the yard and it takes about 45min....the yard is about 1/3 acre or so...most of the yards i do are bigger than this one....a full day for me is about 5 yards or so...some are big as 3 acres and my smallest is a commercial lot by the highway that takes 10min to cut lol.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

my deere ate threw this like it was a well manicured lawn
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2011, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslawncare22 View Post
my deere ate threw this like it was a well manicured lawn
the 757's are awesome!! have you had any head troubles with it yet?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought it used the guy I got it from took reel good care of it and I will do the same I hope I don't have any trouble out of it . I am planing on a rebuild this winter I don't see where it would hurt this mower is a beast I won't to demo a 950a with mulching seen one at the dealer the other day its a beast
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I bought it used the guy I got it from took reel good care of it and I will do the same I hope I don't have any trouble out of it . I am planing on a rebuild this winter I don't see where it would hurt this mower is a beast I won't to demo a 950a with mulching seen one at the dealer the other day its a beast
Posted via Mobile Device
make sure you clean out those cooling fins. if you dont, the valves will seize in the guids and you will have to replace the heads. ive had to do that in about a dozen machines. keep the fins clean and you will have problems.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeretech09 View Post
make sure you clean out those cooling fins. if you dont, the valves will seize in the guids and you will have to replace the heads. ive had to do that in about a dozen machines. keep the fins clean and you will have problems.
Cooling fins ? Where the located ? I try to clean mower every day blow out dirt & grass in all the nooks & crannys I can't aford to replace that motor
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2011, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

He's referring to the fins on the engine head and block that provide surface area for cooling. Part of them are under the engine shroud, and they can get plugged pretty badly if you don't blow off the engine after use. I blow mine off after EVERY use to prevent any trouble. It only takes a second to do, so why not?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Cooling fins ? Where the located ? I try to clean mower every day blow out dirt & grass in all the nooks & crannys I can't aford to replace that motor
Posted via Mobile Device
well there are some heat shields around the cylinder heads. thats where the spark plugs thread in to. if you find those heat shields on both sides, removed the rear bolt that holds them on and just bend them out of the way a bit. i use an air compressor to blow them out. i run the engine at about half throttle when im doing it too. the blow gun breaks all the grass free and the engine cooling fan helps blow the grass out. hope that makes snese. if not i can upload some pics to help.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
He's referring to the fins on the engine head and block that provide surface area for cooling. Part of them are under the engine shroud, and they can get plugged pretty badly if you don't blow off the engine after use. I blow mine off after EVERY use to prevent any trouble. It only takes a second to do, so why not?
good job! ya its takes around $500-$600 to do a head job. if you are interested i can send you a part number for a screen that goes in front of the engine to keep the grass out. the screen is a $300 kit, but i guarenty you that you will never have grass in the fins again. i have put a few on and have checked them after about a month of mowing and they were clear. if you have seen the radiator screen on the liquid cooled 777 and 797, this screen is just like it, but for the 737 and 757. let me know.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My current ZTR is a new Z720A with the 25 Kohler Command Pro. So far, I am quite pleased with it, but it is still new, so we'll see. Is there any type of screen kit for this machine yet? If so, would you post the part #? Thanks