Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShe8918 View Post
Sorry uploaded one to many pictures. The first on is a carrisa holly at another jobsite doing the same thing. And since i underbid by mistake i didn't focus on root wrap as much as i should as you can tell.
The 1st pic is a dwarf gardenia. In a poor drainage situation and especially clay soil, plant the plant high. If you must amend the soil you should do the whole area not just the hole. The amended soil accepts water more easily and obviously it isn't draining out. I doubt the drainage hole you dug will be much benefit.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

And the day keeps getting worse. Thanks for the I put guys. It is all appreciated. As if this want enough to get me worked up today i was watering my plants for my next job to find that they are mostly trash now. The three hour drive home in 100 degree weather tormented them. The shade cloth must have gotten way hot. 30 daylillys, 14 lantana, 5 lace cap hydrangeas, 3 knock out roses, and one muhley grass aren't usable. I can salvage them and use them at another job in a few weeks but not Tomorrow and no where near to get them. I'm beginning to think I should have kept my full time job. I didn't consider myself a newbie but I am certainly making all of the stupid mistakes that they do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShe8918 View Post
And the day keeps getting worse. Thanks for the I put guys. It is all appreciated. As if this want enough to get me worked up today i was watering my plants for my next job to find that they are mostly trash now. The three hour drive home in 100 degree weather tormented them. The shade cloth must have gotten way hot. 30 daylillys, 14 lantana, 5 lace cap hydrangeas, 3 knock out roses, and one muhley grass aren't usable. I can salvage them and use them at another job in a few weeks but not Tomorrow and no where near to get them. I'm beginning to think I should have kept my full time job. I didn't consider myself a newbie but I am certainly making all of the stupid mistakes that they do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ahhhh, the trappings of landscaping. Everyone thinks there is more money in it, and that might be true, but Murphy's law generally rules and that will kill production and profits.

Chin up, it's all a learning experience. I still make mistakes and have thought like you. All you can do is power through and stay positive.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.