Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
PROCUT1's Avatar
PROCUT1 PROCUT1 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 4,839
What size tip are you using?
__________________
Trying to figure out how to get rich and not leave my bed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 PM
CntrlSealing&PropertyCare CntrlSealing&PropertyCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vernon, NY
Posts: 60
mowers

here are my mowers..this trailer is the one with the sealing rig on it now..we built a new trailer for these, I will get a pic on here soon. Stihl and echo blowers and trimmers. This is our first full yr in business. We had a very late start last year.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2011, 08:24 PM
CntrlSealing&PropertyCare CntrlSealing&PropertyCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vernon, NY
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCUT1 View Post
What size tip are you using?
procut..glad you chimed in...I know you know your stuff as i have read most of your threads. we are using an 80/40 tip. Like I mentioned I'm new to spraying so I'm not sure what i should have the air pressure on or anything really. I have done a lot of research but I cant seem to find anything specific as far as that goes. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2011, 09:33 PM
michiganmower10 michiganmower10 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Livingston County, MI
Posts: 190
are both those walk behinds ferris's? and how big are they? btw everything is looking very nice!
__________________
Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
65 accts
Equipment:
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
PROCUT1's Avatar
PROCUT1 PROCUT1 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 4,839
On residential I would use 80/50 tip between 60-80 psi

Ideally you want the spray wand to feel like if you let go of it, it would stay right where it was. It wouldnt drop or jump. Basically when you turn the wand on, its just floats in the air and you guide it back and forth. If that makes sense.

Trails come from:

Too low a pressure on a big tip
or
Too high a pressure on a small tip.

Sounds contradicting but its how it works out.

Playing around with it you will get it dialed in.

Once in a while If I jump on the spray wand, I use an 80/70 and run 85-90 psi.
Thats a little on the heavy side for pressure, but Im covering large areas.

Remember to change the tip often. Especially if you use sand. You;ll see that the spray pattern starts getting a little more round. You want a flat fan.

Buy your tips online. You should be able to get them for $5.00 or less and change them out often. You will really see a difference. Personally, I cant stand spraying with a tip thats not new. I change them more often than you need to, but it makes a difference.
__________________
Trying to figure out how to get rich and not leave my bed.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 PM
CntrlSealing&PropertyCare CntrlSealing&PropertyCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vernon, NY
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmower10 View Post
are both those walk behinds ferris's? and how big are they? btw everything is looking very nice!
Thanks! The Ferris is a 52" cut and the other is a Giant Mow..made by GiantVac...I traded an older snowmobile for it because I didnt really have any money to buy another mower. I bought the Ferris off my old boss for a good price. So far we have bought everything with cash little by little. Things are going pretty good. Take Care, Bob
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-11-2011, 09:56 PM
CntrlSealing&PropertyCare CntrlSealing&PropertyCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vernon, NY
Posts: 60
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCUT1 View Post
On residential I would use 80/50 tip between 60-80 psi

Ideally you want the spray wand to feel like if you let go of it, it would stay right where it was. It wouldnt drop or jump. Basically when you turn the wand on, its just floats in the air and you guide it back and forth. If that makes sense.

Trails come from:

Too low a pressure on a big tip
or
Too high a pressure on a small tip.

Sounds contradicting but its how it works out.

Playing around with it you will get it dialed in.

Once in a while If I jump on the spray wand, I use an 80/70 and run 85-90 psi.
Thats a little on the heavy side for pressure, but Im covering large areas.

Remember to change the tip often. Especially if you use sand. You;ll see that the spray pattern starts getting a little more round. You want a flat fan.

Buy your tips online. You should be able to get them for $5.00 or less and change them out often. You will really see a difference. Personally, I cant stand spraying with a tip thats not new. I change them more often than you need to, but it makes a difference.

Thank you for all the info..I will try your suggestions and let you know how it turns out...Thanks a lot!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:11 AM
michiganmower10 michiganmower10 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Livingston County, MI
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntrlSealing&PropertyCare View Post
Thanks! The Ferris is a 52" cut and the other is a Giant Mow..made by GiantVac...I traded an older snowmobile for it because I didnt really have any money to buy another mower. I bought the Ferris off my old boss for a good price. So far we have bought everything with cash little by little. Things are going pretty good. Take Care, Bob
yeah mine is a 48 and has a sulky, identical to yours, Ive never heard of Giant Mow but whatever does the job right! and yeah im trying to buy things slowly, im still in highschool for another year so i hope to build up some clientel and equipment by graduation next yeargood luck to you and keep the pics coming!
__________________
Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
65 accts
Equipment:
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:27 AM
CntrlSealing&PropertyCare CntrlSealing&PropertyCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vernon, NY
Posts: 60
Thanks, Good luck to you too. Do you have a picture thread?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:44 PM
michiganmower10 michiganmower10 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Livingston County, MI
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntrlSealing&PropertyCare View Post
Thanks, Good luck to you too. Do you have a picture thread?
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=352894

i havnt updated it for a few weeks but theres some of the equipment, hoping to get a new blower, trimmer, and stickedger real soon, been busy though, picked up three houses today alonetwo of them neighbors who had a guy but he just decided not to show up anymore
__________________
Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
65 accts
Equipment:
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
landscaping , pictures , sealcoating , walkway , www.centralsealing.com

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.08704 seconds with 10 queries