Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-15-2003, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lawncare3
ECHO PB2100 I bought one of these @ home cheepo for $149.95.

It had a much more soild handdle then a weedeater but, I had one of those weedeaters and it worked good until I got my stihl br420c magnum.

But, for a handheld I would say go with the echo.

Good Luck,

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris.I had to go with a weed eater brand because of cost factors.I have looked at the Echo and have heard good things about it but I it just was'nt in the budget.I will use this for a few months then get a back pack blower and use this as my backup. : )

wave~life

"I must confess, I was born at a very early age."
Groucho Marx
Old 04-20-2003, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wave -

When you do upgrade you might not have to spend a ton of money. I paid about $200 for my Stihl BG85 hand held, which has plenty, and I mean plenty of power. I don't have any big parking lots to blow right now, just a couple of small ones and residentials so the BG85 is very adequate.

I had a big spring clean up recently on which the property was neglected for 14 years. On the back porch was an indoor/outdoor rug covered with a four inch layer of leaves, pine needles, etc. It was was so heavy and thick you could have planted flowers in it. The BG85 blew that thing off in no time flat.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gr grass n Hi tides
Wave -

When you do upgrade you might not have to spend a ton of money. I paid about $200 for my Stihl BG85 hand held, which has plenty, and I mean plenty of power. I don't have any big parking lots to blow right now, just a couple of small ones and residentials so the BG85 is very adequate.

I had a big spring clean up recently on which the property was neglected for 14 years. On the back porch was an indoor/outdoor rug covered with a four inch layer of leaves, pine needles, etc. It was was so heavy and thick you could have planted flowers in it. The BG85 blew that thing off in no time flat.
[/QUOTE

Hey Gr grass n Hi tides,

Thanks for the info.I just bought a Weedeater for $73.00 with tax and the blower pull start has already broken.I have only used it 3 times for total of 30 minutes.So it looks like I will have to upgrade to the Echo for a better made piece of equipment.The BG85 sounds good but I can buy a Echo blower for around $150.00 at home depot.Hopefully it will last me longer then the Weedeater.

Wave~life

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana".
Groucho Marx
Old 04-21-2003, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wave -

Sorry to hear of the hard luck. Can you get any credit for the weedeater? Better luck on try #2 !
Old 04-22-2003, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gr grass n Hi tides
Wave -

Sorry to hear of the hard luck. Can you get any credit for the weedeater? Better luck on try #2 !
It was kind of funny,I was finished with a 2 hour job and thought well just a quick blow and am off,machine brakes then am 20 minutes with the broom, my back would love to see the blower again.lol.Hopefully I can get credit on the blower,will see tomorrow when I take it back.

wave~life
Old 04-25-2003, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

My 2 cents is that a back pack blower is well worth having over hand helds. It will cost you more up front, but it will save you much more in the long run. I know that may not be feasible at this point, but whenever you get the chance, i recommend you make the upgrade. You'll be amazed the time they save. Stihl 400 or 420- by the way- is my choice. Best of luck.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Primecut
My 2 cents is that a back pack blower is well worth having over hand held. It will cost you more up front, but it will save you much more in the long run. I know that may not be feasible at this point, but whenever you get the chance, i recommend you make the upgrade. You'll be amazed the time they save. Stihl 400 or 420- by the way- is my choice. Best of luck.
Hey Primecut,

Thanks for the input.I have decided to save my money for a month and buy a Shindawa back back blower since it has a 2 year commercial warranty and the service center is just one mile away.In the mean time am going to get a Stihl hand held.Had to much trouble with the Weedeater brand so am going to spend a little more for the $140.00 Stihl model.

Wave~life
Old 04-30-2003, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I've got the Stihl BG55 hand held blower and I think that it is a pretty good buy for the money. I paid $150 at our local Stihl dealer and have done several leaf cleanups with it. It doesn't like wet leaves at all. Especially when they are about a foot thick. Using it all day will wear your shoulder out pretty fast.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ed's lawn service
I've got the Stihl BG55 hand held blower and I think that it is a pretty good buy for the money. I paid $150 at our local Stihl dealer and have done several leaf cleanups with it. It doesn't like wet leaves at all. Especially when they are about a foot thick. Using it all day will wear your shoulder out pretty fast.

Thanks for the suggestion Ed.
The Stihl hand held seems by far the choice of the lawnsite forum.

wave~life