Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-05-2011, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just started my bizz and i cant afford no brake downs but if some thing dose happen i have a rider ands a couple push mowers. you got to always have a back up plan

Thanks again for the advice im going rite now to check the fins on the motor
Old 06-05-2011, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslawncare22 View Post
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just started my bizz and i cant afford no brake downs but if some thing dose happen i have a rider ands a couple push mowers. you got to always have a back up plan

Thanks again for the advice im going rite now to check the fins on the motor
ya not a problem! if you need anything else, dont be afraid to ask!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
My current ZTR is a new Z720A with the 25 Kohler Command Pro. So far, I am quite pleased with it, but it is still new, so we'll see. Is there any type of screen kit for this machine yet? If so, would you post the part #? Thanks
those things are a good machine and should treat you well. as of right now there is no screen availble. if i remember right those things have a screen attached to the flywheel, like all do, and a lager screen bolted to the shroud. if this is the case, i have suggested to people before to take some screen from a screen door and use some mechanics wire and fasten it to the larger screen. that should help alot. and the fins on those new mowers dont get clogged hardly at all due to the engine laying down in the frame instead of standing up like the old ones.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

i have tried every thing i know of to lay down a nice stripe just cant do it i have place a piece of a old car tire across the back of deck & adjustest the deck pitch droped the front 3/8" lower than what it was not sure what the deck is supposed to be set at i bought it used and i can not find a owners manual i see all you guys laying down nice stripes with a Deere and i cant do it to save my life any suggestions ?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is all about the type of grass. Most of the northern grasses stripe such as KBG long broad leaf grasses stripe the best and the cutting height 3 to 4 inches and watering schedule plays a major factor in striping.
Kubota W5021 Commercial
Exmark Metro 21
Stihl SG 20
Stihl FS 110 R
Stihl FS 55 R
Stihl MS 290
Stihl HS 45
Husqvarna 123L
Husqvarna 356BT
Echo Pas 225
McLane Edger
7 X 14 Smith Built Trailer
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
i have tried every thing i know of to lay down a nice stripe just cant do it i have place a piece of a old car tire across the back of deck & adjustest the deck pitch droped the front 3/8" lower than what it was not sure what the deck is supposed to be set at i bought it used and i can not find a owners manual i see all you guys laying down nice stripes with a Deere and i cant do it to save my life any suggestions ?
Your deck should be approximately 1/4" lower in the front than in the back. You will want to make sure that you are at that setting, if you aren't, that can affact the cut quality and the striping ability.

You are also going to have to consider the grasses you are cutting. Warm season grasses from the south don't typically like to stripe that well. Cool season grasses of the north are relatively easy to stripe even without a striping kit.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeretech09 View Post
the new 7iron pro decks are unbeatable. being a stamped deck there are no sharp corners or places for wet grass to clog up. the 7iron will out perform any deck out there. get the deere.
Bingo!! I scrape my deck when I change blades, but never really need too. Im amazed I can mow after a rain and it cut so well. Couldn't do that with my last mower.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
Your deck should be approximately 1/4" lower in the front than in the back. You will want to make sure that you are at that setting, if you aren't, that can affact the cut quality and the striping ability.

You are also going to have to consider the grasses you are cutting. Warm season grasses from the south don't typically like to stripe that well. Cool season grasses of the north are relatively easy to stripe even without a striping kit.
I cut mostly ken. Blue I know it can be striped I have picked up customers from a competitor and it used to be striped .. So when setting the deck should the deck be at the lowest setting ? To tell you the truth I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to setting the pitch
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I cut mostly ken. Blue I know it can be striped I have picked up customers from a competitor and it used to be striped .. So when setting the deck should the deck be at the lowest setting ? To tell you the truth I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to setting the pitch
Posted via Mobile Device
You just have to have your deck accurate. So if you set it at 3" on your dial then when the blade is in the front of the deck it should be at 3" and when it's in the rear of the deck it should be about 3.25". It doesn't really have to be in any specific position, but you do need to do this while on a FLAT surface.

You should be able to find an online owner's manual off of Deere's website, even if your mower is not a current model.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you !!!! I have been mesueing from the deck no wonder my cuts are jacked up now so is the 3.25 with the 1/4 pitch to the front just want to make sure getn ready 2 hit the garage
Posted via Mobile Device