Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog1 View Post
Look, I was in the insurance biz for almost 20 years before starting my LCO. While I know you are trying to find some answers about what is or isn't a good deal?, asking here what others are paying is misleading. With all due respect to you, the answers you receive here will have no bearing on what you are going to pay per year.

Insurance prices are based on so many variables that it doesn't matter what anyone else is paying, nor what CO they are using. You may go to the same CO that another operator uses claiming to pay only $300 a year and they will give you a quote that is twice as much!

Just an FYI for everyone here, what you pay is based on the following variables: your credit, location, sole prop. or corp., amount of employees, value of your gear, claims history, type of work you do, type of truck you drive, driving record of yourself, driving record of your employees, limits of liability, amount of gross receipts, payroll, type of benifits you offer your employees and the list goes on and on.

Asking another LCO what they pay for a year of insurance is the same as asking this question- "If I buy a red Mustang, how fast will it go?" The answers you get will all be different. The best thing you can do is find a large independent agent. I say independent because if you go to Nationwide, State Farm or any other agent that sells for only 1 CO, they can only give you one option. You can try these places for quotes, as they may or may not be cheaper than others, but make sure you also try an independent, as they normally sell for over 30+ CO's and have a lot more options.

By talking to 3 or more agents, you will be able to pick their brains and get answers to your questions. The other problem is that some agents only sell 3 or 4 commercial policies a year. This is NOT the person you want taking care of you. There are agents out there that only sell commercial policies and nothing else. They have experience and know what you need and do not guess as to what is best for you. If you were having heart surgery, do you want someone who does 100 of them a year, or a Dr. that only does 1 or 2 a year?. I hope you get my point?
I get your point! I went to my ins guys office told hoim what I wanted, he said he'd have to make a cpl calls bc he doesn't write these type of policies up often. I wrote a check for 920 for 1 year gen lia ins. Maybe I should have reseaerched more- I just assumed with my 3 vehicles and home policies it would make the rate a little cheaper. After rewading this oi am WAY wrong!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device