Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Live Chat

Has anyone added live chat to their website? Has it helped your business? I think it would be good but you have to make sure someone is there to answer it right away.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a few clients that added live chat to their site. These clients usually see apprx. 20% increase in overall leads. The big issue is making sure someone is available to answer the chats message. If you have the staff, I would recommend managing the chat yourself, if not let someone else staff the chat. We see a lot of chat leads come on after business hours when people surf late at night, so this extends your business hours. The staffed chat usually averages $10 per qualified lead and service or other related chats are free. I hope this helps. Steven
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnguy007 View Post
I have a few clients that added live chat to their site. These clients usually see apprx. 20% increase in overall leads. The big issue is making sure someone is available to answer the chats message. If you have the staff, I would recommend managing the chat yourself, if not let someone else staff the chat. We see a lot of chat leads come on after business hours when people surf late at night, so this extends your business hours. The staffed chat usually averages $10 per qualified lead and service or other related chats are free. I hope this helps. Steven

If it's live voice and camera, that may be similar to a phone call.

If the live chat is merely text, that would be rather impersonal, and can lead to a deterioration of quality customers in spite of an increase of numbers.

Are we talking microphones and cameras here, or just keyboards and monitors?

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Member

i think lawnguy007 has the right idea here. Having a live chat that always says (Chat Offline ) could have a negative effect. as long as the pay per lead staffed chat person speaks fluent english and knows to collect name, street address and phone number for a free estimate this could be very positive.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I signed up for the 10 day free trial. The company I choose has a app so that i can chat from my phone or tablet.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used it for awhile but I'd rather have customers call me. It HAS helped me land some potential customers that may have gone elsewhere but I dont have the time to manage it at this point.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Chat soon

I need to get this up and running, I have over 1000 visitors a month to my site. I know that is tiny. The sad part is I am only registering 25 people or so a month.and 50% of my visitors are from direct traffic, So I know they see my mailers but they are not pulling the trigger.

I think that chat feature will atleast double my amount of closed deals.

I do have the luxury of staying at homes though. It would be hard for many others.

Please let me know if it works for you.

We Only Cut Grass . com

Lurch