Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Small Operation Upstate

Hey all, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join in the fun. Many of you guys do some unbelieveable work. I worked for landscaper (lawn maintenance, cleanups, pruning mainly) summers and breaks during college from 2000-2004 and learned alot during that time. When I graduated, I wanted to continue in the field so I purchased a 21'' Honda and acquired my first client in 2005. She's still with me today and I slowly (by choice) have built to a humble 8 full service accounts other than fertilizer. I have three little ones under 3 (I'm not crazy, I have twins) that keep me busy along with my full time job. I love the work, but have many bills so I have slowly purchased a new piece of equipment every year to build the aresenal and now own the 21'' Honda, 33'' Cub Cadet (new this year - regardless of opinions, it works for me as I cant afford a Commercial and I am OCD about keeping my stuff clean), a FS55r trimmer, HS45 Hedge trimmers and all the other hand tools. I have an electric blower and am looking to get a Echo BP500 after July's pruning is complete. I do professional work and get paid for it. No lowballing here. I've never lost a customer due to unhappiness which I am proud of. I have done a few small patio and tree removal jobs, nothing crazy. Just wanted to say hello from Upstate!!