Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Aeration Price??

I was wondering how most of you that provide aerations come up with the price you charge your customers.If there is a specific formula you use that would be great to know. If you don't want to say in open forum, you are welcome to PM me.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

3 times mowing price
Old 06-25-2011, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search, tons of info here in past threads!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever your own market will bare. What people charge in other states don't really matter to your own neighborhood. Every spring and fall I get 8 flyers on my door quoting $39 per lawn (under 8K). You can charge more if you bundle your services together with each client. They will normally not have one guy fert or mow and another guy aerate.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesturf View Post
Whatever your own market will bare. What people charge in other states don't really matter to your own neighborhood. Every spring and fall I get 8 flyers on my door quoting $39 per lawn (under 8K). You can charge more if you bundle your services together with each client. They will normally not have one guy fert or mow and another guy aerate.
Thanks for the comments and the PM's. I knew how Chemlawn priced them and the formula they used but that was from 20 yrs ago. I got some interesting info that will help me get this off the ground now. From what I have gathered, I have been overlooking an additional revenue source that has the potential to be huge. The time has come to purchase a machine and start offering this beneficial service. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ted, what machine are you looking at? I'm looking at either the lawns solution or the z plugger
Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My pricing comes out to around $75 for the first 3k feet, after that its about $17 for each additional 1k of grass. An over seeding at the time of earation is another $16.50 for a standard sun and shade mix, more for an all blue grass. This all depends on the layout of the property, if there are terace walls and stairs then there is an additional charge compensating for the additional time needed. But like others said, it all depends on the market and what your customers will pay. Last fall I was doing a $1,300 aeration and the landscaper next door (simular sized property about 75k) was using a home depot rental clessan. I told him i was interested in subbing out work and asked what he charged, he said he was charging 500 for that lawn and he figured 2-2.5 days. I just shook my head and walked away
Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superintendent View Post
Ted, what machine are you looking at? I'm looking at either the lawns solution or the z plugger
I'm thinking the LawnSolutions 24 inch model to start. That way I can do the small jobs easily and use the sulky for the larger ones. I was also looking at maybe getting the proaire 36 inch pull behind model for some of the larger jobs. I have the hitch foot plate on one of my Z-sprays. It's funny that GreenIndustryAssociates brought up the pricing of a large one. I will be treating a lawn tommorrow that is 78k. It is my largest residential. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't take me 2.5 days to aerate it with the right equipment or even with what the guy in his example was using. I doubt I could get $1300 for doing aeration though but I bet I could get at least half that. We never overseed here dealing with warm season turf so that wouldn't come into play. I'm pretty sure however with the right equipment and my customer base, there is a small fortune to be made with the aerations.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

You could sub out the big jobs. A 78k aeration is tractor/aerator work for sure! I do a 15 acre residential every fall, i charge 2 thousand dollars for it, lawn site members in other areas tell me they could never get that price?

Last edited by lawn king; 06-27-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$60 for the first 5,000 sq. ft. and $8 per additional 1,000 sq. ft. will make you profit if you own the machine.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership