Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Pineland Preservation Company

Anyboby on here ever dealt with a Company called Pineland Preservation....i was contacted today by a representative...they do foreclosure work...and there rates aren't all that great...so any comments would be grateful....
Old 01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had an agency contact me yesterday for the same type of work, so I looked into it. After figuring their rates I determined that their route would have to be pretty tight to make any money. Problem is theres no variable in pay when you drive miles and miles out of your way. So odds are I will not work with them, maybe they are better with that company. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Pineland Preservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellies View Post
Anyboby on here ever dealt with a Company called Pineland Preservation....i was contacted today by a representative...they do foreclosure work...and there rates aren't all that great...so any comments would be grateful....
We have worked for pineland preservation for over a year and they are pretty good. Their rates suck but they always pay.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't do it

I worked with several of the people there and they never paid. I told them i wouldn't go to the site for less then 25.00 and several of the cuts i did for them were negotiated over the phone and through email for 35-90.

needless to say the company never paid. the total was around $800 they stiffed me for.

Not sure how anyone could be working for them a year. They told me that the company had just started this summer.

They also tricked me into going to homes that were not vacant twice. i was clear that i would only do grass cuts and they sent me to basically take pictures. The guy on the phone even got really excited when i was telling him someone still lived in one of the homes. he was like ' YES! thats what i needed to know get a picture of them in the house.'

Pineland Preservations is not an honest company.

i am going to report them to the bbb, and i could do a lean, but who wants that hassel.

they also sent me text messages alot. about 16 of them a day. plus phone calls. actually, i don't even want to think about them anymore. i can't stand doing so much work for an out of state company and not getting one cent!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

tthey suck

they suck worked with them. you take 70 pictures per yard its just nonsense.
you can never get in touch to ask questions but when you have yards that arent done they answer the phone quick
Old 07-06-2011, 03:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Pinelands Preservation is not a legal company. I researched them and though they operate in California, they are not registered there as "Inc." or "LLC" or any fictitious business name. I tried to enquire with them and they REFUSED to tell me where they were incorporated (if they even were).

They promise lots of work, send you mediocre lists of properties, then short-change you at payment time.

They require LOTS of photographs, and if you don't get enough, they will pay you $5.00 for your time -- even if you mowed the property.

They change their rules constantly so you don't ever know if you're in compliance and getting paid or not.

Stay away from these fly-by-nighters!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
and i could do a lean
If you do this, use spell-check.

I run a small property mgmt. company, myself (I don't sub out LCO work). I'm sorry there's companies out there who soil the reputations of PM firms. Just know there are legitimate companies out there.

Do your homework.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyirwin View Post
I worked with several of the people there and they never paid. I told them i wouldn't go to the site for less then 25.00 and several of the cuts i did for them were negotiated over the phone and through email for 35-90.

needless to say the company never paid. the total was around $800 they stiffed me for.

Not sure how anyone could be working for them a year. They told me that the company had just started this summer.

They also tricked me into going to homes that were not vacant twice. i was clear that i would only do grass cuts and they sent me to basically take pictures. The guy on the phone even got really excited when i was telling him someone still lived in one of the homes. he was like ' YES! thats what i needed to know get a picture of them in the house.'

Pineland Preservations is not an honest company.

i am going to report them to the bbb, and i could do a lean, but who wants that hassel.

they also sent me text messages alot. about 16 of them a day. plus phone calls. actually, i don't even want to think about them anymore. i can't stand doing so much work for an out of state company and not getting one cent!
hey man you got a contact number on them. I will give them a call. I would like to talk to them.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Pinelands Preservation

Not sure who you talked to at Pinelands but they have been open for over a year. we have worked with them a long time. There is more that one company named pinelands preservation. Maybe they went through new mgnt but have been open a long time..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Member

I got stiffed for about $3,000 and they are impossible to get ahold of. I was getting paid fine for a while and a sub of theirs was arrested for unrelated reasons and decided not to pay anyone. Be cautious but some people may be able to keep steady work from them. Unfortunately I have to find a way to recoup my losses from them