Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-08-2002, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Speedzone - you like it or not?

I went to my supplier to get some Millennium Ultra and found it not on the shelf. I could have got the 2.5 gal jug for 129.00 I don't spray alot but I need to restock.
He had a 2.5 gal bottle of Speedzone on the rack and said it was a new product for him to stock. I see it is similar to Millennium Ultra but lower in percentage with active ingredients. I also see it (Speedzone) has Carfentrazone-ethyl.

I did a search and read opinions form the past but how about up to now.

I have KY blue/red fescue/rye cool season mix up here in Wisconsin. I am looking for opinions from those of you that have used it in my type of climate.
Our weed pressure in the fall is mostly dandelion with lots of ivy and clover mixed in. There are others but these are the big 3 that people complain about.
I've been to the wbesite, read the lable and msds.

I have read that the upper limit of mix should be used. I'm calibrated to spray about 35 gals per acre with the Millennium at 1.00 oz per gal.

I have heard it is better to use a sticker with the Speedzone, is it true? I have a non-ionic sticker that I have used with good results in the past. I will do a jar test but once again, did anyone have luck with a sticker?

Any other good or bad, let us know.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Used it today. sprayed 120 gallons of mix. used a sticker.
9-17

I'll let you know how it works as I see no one else uses it.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you did a search, you'd see my report on this product.

Of course it works great ! The REAL question is "is it worth the money and is the time of year appropriate for this product?"
Old 09-18-2002, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Re: Speedzone - you like it or not?

Quote:
Originally posted by MOW ED

I did a search and read opinions form the past but how about up to now.

Ok so mayby you don't believe that I did a search.

I did read those posts and thats why I had questions. Why would this time of year be worse than in the spring? We are having similar weather patterns and I do have the same type of weed growth now.

I also am concerned about the cost but what would you recommend as a more cost effective option? I sprayed large estate lawns and the people want it to look good. There are some areas that have not been sprayed in years (back areas) and they were overrun by just about everything but grass. It will be interesting to see how the product works and if I will get any callbacks.

I was impressed with the smell, there really was minimal compared to Millennium.

I alos have questions about rainfastness. It says 3 hours. I will have it on for at least 36 before any significant rainfall occurs. What do you think about the claim of 3 hours, anyone have it rain on a new ap?
Old 09-27-2002, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know most of you haven't used it but I will have to say that I am impressed. After less than a week I see the curl and others are downright dead. Spurge has been turned white and the dandelions are purple.

I'd say that I'm gonna stick with it as long as I still get a decent price on it.

I like it because the homeowner can see it work fast. It will reduce callbacks for me (not that I get many but little old ladies want it dead yesterday).

Thats all for now.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

where do u get this product at
Old 04-29-2003, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I used it last summer with great results. I was sold on it because it's supposed to work better in the hotter weather. that's what the salesman said anyway. It worked good for me. I used a spreader/sticker, but I use a sticker with anything. Kinda anal like that.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES
Old 05-05-2003, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What are you guys using for a sticker? Isn't speedzone an Ester product? How does that affect you're timing if at all?