Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
No Pigtail? It would hang down and cover up those 45s. Being pissy about looks at the controller doesn't make for a good system. Its whats in the yard that matters. Myself I would have used that gray flexible conduit with a couple of c clamps. I'm curious though does that controller come with an external 24v adapter? Is that zone wire in the conduit? Or did you run both and pop out somewhere near an outlet?

I'm in the Boots camp on doors. Every controller should have a door with basic instructions.
Good point on the flexible conduit,I do not know why I did not think of that. I used the 45's because I catch a stud in 3 places starting with the controller ending at the el.

Yes the controller came with a 24v adapter,its just not plugged in yet. Yes,zone wire is in the conduit.The outlet is to the left of the controller,its just out of the pic.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
The Custom Command is a good clock, a Toro clone of the Hardie Total Control.
Its been working for 3 years now with no problems. Even if it stopped working,I cannot complain as it was given to me by a rep at the supply house.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
xc , not remote compatable, next.

They are remote control ready although I will not be using it.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/prod...ers/XCore.html
Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXANDME View Post
I had a teacher once that said "if you cannot handle the answer....don't ask the question!"

Handle what answer? The worst thing said was that the 45's look like crap. No big deal for me. I welcome all comments good and/or bad. If I come across angry to you in any way,I assure you that I am not. Many of the people who have replied here have helped me with other things in the past.

I am happy
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hanson View Post
When that Hunter breaks in 6 months upgrade to a Rain Bird ESP modular
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL,wow,you think its that bad? If it breaks in that time frame,it is junk.I mean,after I program it,I will not touch it for about 6 months.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX12R View Post
I did not know the big box stores sold these controllers.

The X-Core Hunter controller is available at Home Depot in my area. You can also purchase the Solar Sync if you wish to upgrade to ET Control.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
They are remote control ready although I will not be using it.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/prod...ers/XCore.html
They must have updated it in hopes it will replace the soon to be dropped src.It used to be named something else and was sold maily in europe and at that time wasnt remote compatable. Like Dan said , its a cheapo like the ESP.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just replaced a Hunter XC, not XCore, with an indoor RB-ESPm about an hour ago. First ESP I've seen like this, and maybe Dan can tell me if it's new or a temp deal. The cord was not an external transformer. The controller was just like the outdoor model, internal transformer, except no locking cabinet. And it had a pre-installed white cord for power supply. I preferred it over the external transformer, and the skinny wiring to it. Plus I liked it being attached already.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've gotten them like that recently as well. I think they've changed over to that completely now. Earlier this year, they had a survey card in the box to ask how we liked it.

I'd like to see them do the same thing for the outdoor ESP-M, putting in the pigtail can be kind of a pain and it makes sense that if they're going to wire in a cord for the indoor model they'd do it for the outdoor model as well. They probably won't though, so that you can still have the option to easily hard wire the outdoor model.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I have a Toro Custom Command controller for my front yard and all the beds on my property. I am adding zones for the rear property and decided to buy a Hunter Controller the other day.

It's an X-Core....model #XC-800-I. I was surprised how small it is.It's about 6" wide and 6" tall. It may not be the top of the line,but,it should suit my needs just fine. Anyone here using it and if so,whats your opinion of it?

Attached is a pic of it installed in my shed.
I probably would have used a pigtail into an outlet instead of hardwiring. Easier to change out when it fails.