Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Attention Lee County Black Spiny Iguanas.

I don't live in Lee County and have no interest in Bidding this job. BUT maybe you do.

I today I received in the mail a request to bid on the trapping and removal of Nuisances Wild Life in the Lee County area. I am assuming they got my name off the state Nuisances Wild Life license list from the FWC. The Bid title Reads

IW110325 Population Control Program For Black Spiny Iguanas

More information can be found at WWW.Lee-county.com/ Purchasing Bids & Quotes.

Part of the Bid process is a no mandatory pre bid Conference and a two step sealed Bid process. Step One is qualifying you as being able to perform. Step two is the actual price bidding.

Many years ago I won a Bid to Remove Iguanas from Gasparilla Island. At the time I was living there and made a very nice living only trapping Iguana. There still are Iguanas on Gasparilla Island and it just might be included in the Bid package which I have not read all 41 pages.

The goal here is to remove a majority of the Iguanas but not all since that task is all most impossible. In the Beginning there will be plenty of Iguanas. But as time goes on your number of catches are limited.

Tools are simple Havahart live traps baited with Cat food. Iguanas are then frozen and deposed of at the Animal shelter incinerator

BTW The State has canceled the Nuisance Wild Life trapping License due to budget cuts. Therefore anyone can apply to bid this if you can meet the insurance requirements.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So now anybody can become a Billy type trapper? Emergency rooms better stock up on antivenoms and rabies series.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2011, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
So now anybody can become a Billy type trapper? Emergency rooms better stock up on antivenoms and rabies series.
Posted via Mobile Device
Patriot

Please don't get me started on how Billy tore down the professional image of the Pest Control Industry. Most Wild Life Trapper are Good Old Country Boys, not Hip Hop Gothic Freaks. I haven't seen Billy on TV lately, I am hope he has run his course.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like a boca grande job.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapemanFL View Post
Sounds like a boca grande job.
Landscape

First Go Round I was living in Boca Grande after a Divorce and won the bid. I didn't get them all by any means but I did make a living only trapping them.

The History of how they got loose is as Follows. A Harbor Pilot and native of Boca Who's name I won't give, went to the West Indies to work after the Phosphate docks closed down. He brought back the Iguanas as a Gift for his Grand Kids. When Property taxes went higher than his family paid for the land, He moved off Island like most all natives and left the Iguanas behind and Loose.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I dont understand why Boca Grande is part of Lee County. Unless you have helicopter or boat, you arent getting there in under an hour, from any other part of the county.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capelawncare.com View Post
I dont understand why Boca Grande is part of Lee County. Unless you have helicopter or boat, you arent getting there in under an hour, from any other part of the county.
Cape

Look at the map and how the Northern Lee County Line takes a sharp turn north to include more of Gasparilla Island in Lee county. 50th Street on the Island is the dividing line between Lee and Charlotte counties whereas maybe 35th street should be the line if it was straight.

It is call TAX BASE. The town of Boca Grande on the Island of Gasparilla is the winter get as way for the 1%. That is the 1% that owns the 80% of the worlds wealth and pay 35% of the taxes. Names Like Rockefeller. DuPont and Vanderbilt are common everyday people you meet on the street. A fishing guide I know in Boca is in fact a DuPont and doesn't need to work. Boca was where W and the Bush clan went in Dec of 2000 to celebrate the election. BTW I actually got to go to the Big Cocktail party on Dec 27 2000. But that is a long story. from a previous visit to Boca.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks like Lawn royalty of FL. lol