Register free!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

my perma green

ok lets see i bought a permagreen triumph in jan of this yeari love the product. However.... I have talked to Dan at permagreen about the hooper. it is very poorly designed. hje explained that the hopper was designed to leave product in the hopper(?) for safety reasons.

it is so dis-hearting to constantly scoop the product into the center of the hooper go 20 feet stop again scoop the product, get the product all over your hands, cut your hands on the screen or the old agitator that was changed out, was your hands travel 20 feet and stop and scoop again.

the alternative is to run your route twice, very costly, once with fertilizer once with insecticide. that is a bad design.
like i said they need to re-design the hooper before i will buy another one or recommend that someone else buy one.

im thinking of taking my lesco hopper and mounting it to the unit but then i lose the amount of product that i can carry and re-fill time makes a big difference... that would be better than having to vacum out 5lbs a product at every stop to be able to change products...

i do love the machine over all for performance time savings weed control is best around......but this one quirk ruins a great thing.... Permagreen please note this....

i do over 1.4 million sq feet a month by myself.... 60 yr old that doesnt drag a hose any more used to have to work 6 days a week with no time off that now im working 2 1/2 weeks a month.

the machine is great except for the hooper. come on perma green step up to the plate.

dave in mulberry, fl
Old 05-11-2011, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What in the hell happened to my comment from yesterday?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic lawn care View Post
What in the hell happened to my comment from yesterday?
they deleted the thread but it is back up now
Old 05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bug_guy View Post
they deleted the thread but it is back up now
Are you kidding me?

Why because Permagreen is a PAYING advertiser, and the users of this site are not?

Give me a break, what a bunch of bull.....
Old 05-12-2011, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess they didn't plan on you switching products at every stop. True this is difficult. A Dust Buster type vacuum is a help.
Does anybody have suggestions on how to change products?
Can you find a product that already combines fert and insecticide?
Can you tow a pull-behind spreader with the insecticide? Can you devise a method to tow your Lesco spreader?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use an old 2.5 gal. chem jug that I cut to use as a scoop. What I wsoulod like to know, is what if you used one of these, then cut another closer to the top of the jug, but so the the one side opposite to the handle was cut about full length, like a long tab to fit under the hopper but between the spinner. This way, you could scoop the vast majority out, then put this other scoop under it and open the hopper. Holding it there, a small brush (like a 4" paintbrush) could sweep all the remainder into the hole. Would this possibly work?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one having this problem!! It seems to me the problem is that the material kind of gets stuck and mounds up on the sides and doesn't gravitate towards the holes which makes you have to stop and move the material around. Is there a silicone spray maybe that would make the hopper more "slippery" inside? I'm going to put a call in to JDL where I bought the machine!!