Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Question Help with pumps.

Hey guys first post, been lurking, reading, gathering info for awhile now though. Haven't started any type of business yet, still getting a game plan going. Anyways I'm asking this question more from a diy/homeowner perspective. I have a lot of moss growth and algae black streaks going on and I'm trying to tackle it. I tried MossOut with a hose end sprayer and was not happy with the results, chemicals were kinda harsh. I'm not sure as to what chemicals to use, maybe someone could post a link for me. Also kind of looking at pumps. I don't know which GPH/GPM to look at. Don't know the pros/cons of a 12v vs. a 110/120v, I am on a budget too. I'm pretty much looking to pump out of a tank/garbage can onto the roof without the use of a pressure washer. Thanks in advance for any info guys. I appreciate it!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

If you're looking for a cheap pump; just go with a pump-up sprayer.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah since I have to be cheap, through some of my research I've been doing unfortunately I probably will need a hand pump sprayer. I'd like to get a kit from pressure tek but that ain't happenin. Anyone care to share info on what they're using for chemicals? I've seen so many different chemicals and blends I don't know what to think. Should I go with TSP, Cholorine or oxygen bleach or a mix? I see a couple different environmentally friendly companies that have powedered mixes...I think containing Peroxide or something. Thanks again guys!