Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Smile Sealcoating tank WANTED

Hello. Im looking for a 550gal on a trailer. I prefer not a hand agitator.

I will consider a 300 gal skid tank.

Must be able to mix.

914-760-6467. Im in NY and willing to drive.

Oh and it has to be used because my credit sucks from the new home I just bought!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

i know of a nice all hydro tank 550
send me you e ,ail and il send you the info it is in warwick NY
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

id like info on the tank in ny also. my name is vincent and my email is nunzieo@verizon.net thanks
Old 02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Lightbulb

The market is FLOODED with low-hour name-brand used equipment right now. 2008 was one of the worst years in at least the last 25 or 30 for the sealcoating business so lots of people "went out". I even saw a BIG company in the NE who had classifieds in PaverMarket (the classifieds for pavement stuff mini-magazine) fr almost all their recent stuff, a new 2007 machine w/30 hours, then a 2006 and a 2005 all just alike plus a new 6,000 gallon storage tank with "only 4,00 gallons run through it) For that company 4,000 gallons means they did less than1/10 their normal business.

I would not advise anyone to get into sealcoating in this economy or to buy equipment but if you are going to buy low-hour late-model used equipment has NEVER in the 35 years I have been around the pavement business; been like this. And if it's not sealing stuff there are FAR more pavers, 2007 models "take up payments" then models from the last 3-4 years with 1/4 the hours you would expect for their age and selling at 1/2 the price they would have compared to new 3 or 4 years ago.
Tack oil trucks a dime a dozen, tons of the little "power box" type small but I have never seen so many rollers, pavers, sealcoat rigs, tack tanks, trucks,--not junk--name-brand stuff, Lee-Boy, Seal-Rite, Equipt, all with low hours and people just trying to get "out from under" them.

Do some shopping, whatever you want can be had at a bargain if you look. One guy on the NPCA classifieds in their forum has a 700 gallon Seal-Rite that is spotless, looks showroom new. Was $18,500 less than a year ago. He is selling it WITH two brand new blowers, barricades, crack melter and related equipment for sealing cracks, everything "like new" for $15K and he hasn't had any takers so I'll bet he will be coming down on that. He posted a photo and I swear I have never seen a used machine that clean until I read "used 3 times"... there's trucks & stuff on there too but probably bigger than you want.

The tank that's asking $15 for everything is in Charlotte NC; not too far away.

Last edited by SurfaceMax; 02-13-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Lightbulb

The market is FLOODED with low-hour name-brand used equipment right now. 2008 was one of the worst years in at least the last 25 or 30 for the sealcoating business so lots of people "went out". I even saw a BIG company in the NE who had classifieds in PaverMarket (the classifieds for pavement stuff mini-magazine) fr almost all their recent stuff, a new 2007 machine w/30 hours, then a 2006 and a 2005 all just alike plus a new 6,000 gallon storage tank with "only 4,00 gallons run through it) For that company 4,000 gallons means they did less than1/10 their normal business.

I would not advise anyone to get into sealcoating in this economy or to buy equipment but if you are going to buy low-hour late-model used equipment has NEVER in the 35 years I have been around the pavement business; been like this. And if it's not sealing stuff there are FAR more pavers, 2007 models "take up payments" then models from the last 3-4 years with 1/4 the hours you would expect for their age and selling at 1/2 the price they would have compared to new 3 or 4 years ago.
Tack oil trucks a dime a dozen, tons of the little "power box" type small but I have never seen so many rollers, pavers, seaalcoat rigs, tack tanks, trucks,--not junk--name-brand stuff Etynire, Lee-Boy, Seal-Rite, Equipt, all with low hours and people just trying to get "out from under" them.

Do some shopping, whatever you want can be had at a bargain if you look. One guy on the NPCA classifieds in their forum has a 700 gallon Seal-Rite that is spotless, looks showroom new. Was $18,500 less than a year ago. He is selling it WITH two brand new blowers, barricades, crack melter and related equipment for sealing cracks, everything "like new" for $15K and he hasn't had any takers so I'll bet he will be coming down on that. He posted a photo and I swear I have never seen a used machine that clean until I read "used 3 times"... there's trucks & stuff on there too but probably bigger than you want.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a brand new 325 gallon poly tank ($1,850.00) with hand aggitation system that can be mounted on a truck or trailer... These tanks are light in wieght but very very strong & durable, It also has a UV coating on it so it will not warp in the heat & it's heavey-duty. This tanks is 80 lbs with out the mixing systems but with the mixing system it's about 160 lbs. They don't rust & they are easier to clean because the sealer does not stick to the tank like it would a steel tank... Im asking $1,850 but i understand todays economy. MAKE AN OFFER. I can add a mechanical mixing system on it if need be
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfaceMax View Post

Tack oil trucks a dime a dozen, tons of the little "power box" type small but I have never seen so many rollers, pavers, sealcoat rigs, tack tanks, trucks,--not junk--name-brand stuff, Lee-Boy, Seal-Rite, Equipt, all with low hours and people just trying to get "out from under" them.

I hear you loud and clear. Summer of 2010 I was sealing residential for $0.17 to $0.18 psf and the travelers were doing residential for $0.08 to $0.10 psf. These same crazy fools were giving an additional $0.01 discount psf to property owners under the condition the property owner not tell their "competition" how much they were charged psf. These guys actually had a term for what they were doing and it was called a "confidentiality discount".
Prior to ThanksGiving two called me and first week of December five more called and everyone of them was wanting to sell very nice 550 gal spray rigs for 60% to 70% less of what they cost brand new. These were very nice set ups most of them a year old and a couple almost two years old.
Earlier they were out cutting throats and competing on who could seal pavement the cheapest and two months later they were competing for who could sell almost new equipment for what was close to junk prices.
If these guys would have gone ahead and worked at Wally World they would have probably had enough money for their kids Christmas.

Last edited by BIGBOY2008; 07-20-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Tags
cealing tank wantd