Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

New business in Upstate NY

Hi everyone! My name is Jon and I come from the Capital District of NY. Just recently put everything I had into starting a business doing lawncare. I've been plowing for 10 years while working seasonal jobs and finally got fed up with getting laid off so figured I'd venture into the business. I'm currently running a Toro proline 37" walk behind with a 36" Giant mow as a back up. Had a John Deere trimmer that gave me trouble almost daily and got lucky and ended up with a Stihl trimmer that someone threw out because they bent the shaft. After 5 minutes I had that thing straight as an arrow. I honestly don't have many lawn accounts yet but work to build my reputation one job at a time. Not really sure if I'm charging competitively or not, just know I'm covering my expenses. I spend alot of time on here looking at other people's equipment and the work they do and it definately gives me something to work towards. I don't post much here but from what I've read I can say I've learned alot, and learn more and more daily, so I'd like to say thak you to everyone.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

HEY HEY!!! If I can help let me know. I had a lady lined up in east nassau in april for you but you never pm me back...
Old 07-25-2011, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah, she ended up calling me and I looked at it but it didn't pan out. Thanks for the referral though, I'll have to find something to send your way
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome. I was hoping. I'm about to make my initial biz post. Post some pics of your stuff...
Posted via Mobile Device