Register free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i only have1 goodstand of weeds lol it is honestly 6`wide by 20` right where the sidewalk meets the grass..the bermuma almost died thereafter the irrigation wasnt watering it after the install... the dallas grass startedin the cracksand the squirt guys treated for crab grass. now i am learning the ropes forspraying and know it is dallas grass. i 2-4-d about2 weeks ago.so i know its not crab grass then i asked the agriculture extention office and they said dalas grass

so with it killing the bermuda too......should i cut a ring around the clumps with a stick edger to limit bermuda die off ???

for wicking the clumps do you guys have any cheap ideas or small applicators..... paint roller and 100% solution...no water....ideas
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-01-2011, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
i only have1 goodstand of weeds lol it is honestly 6`wide by 20` right where the sidewalk meets the grass..the bermuma almost died thereafter the irrigation wasnt watering it after the install... the dallas grass startedin the cracksand the squirt guys treated for crab grass. now i am learning the ropes forspraying and know it is dallas grass. i 2-4-d about2 weeks ago.so i know its not crab grass then i asked the agriculture extention office and they said dalas grass

so with it killing the bermuda too......should i cut a ring around the clumps with a stick edger to limit bermuda die off ???

for wicking the clumps do you guys have any cheap ideas or small applicators..... paint roller and 100% solution...no water....ideas
Posted via Mobile Device

Think about just round up that little bit and resod this fall. Or if you do want to wick it: put on two rubber gloves on the work hand; then a cotton glove over those. Dip fingertips into a coffee can with your MSMA and surfactant (A little liquid fertilize in this mix will cause uptake a little quicker) and just rub the dallas grass. Don't mow it so that it gets a little over your Bermuda, Do it late in the day so that it does not evaporate so quickly. Hold off on your water for a couple of days so that it does not get on your living Bermuda. Just a couple of tips. Keep us posted. Do yourself a favor and make some before and after shots.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

RAImaroad thanks for the specifics on the gloves..

so i know killer works off leaf absorbtion and dallas grass is a clumpy wide leaf mess that grows to 3" a day with the stalk ......but the stalk will not kill it.

so do i simply wait a week when the blades are 6"ugly or would you treat 3 days after mowing ?.

if iyou wicked with a gly product
today......when would you mow it at the soonest? friday?
once it is yellowing i will fert verti cut and start mowing to make the bermuda grow in

Thanks for the tips
pics will follow
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread