Register free!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We received almost an inch yesterday. First rain we've had in pretty close to a month. Have had a handful of days over 100, the rest upper 90's for the last 7 wks or so. Dry fert and spot spray at full rate, just a much quicker "wisk" across the weed.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
We received almost an inch yesterday. First rain we've had in pretty close to a month. Have had a handful of days over 100, the rest upper 90's for the last 7 wks or so. Dry fert and spot spray at full rate, just a much quicker "wisk" across the weed.
So are those weeds soaking in the herbicide and dying? Which ones have not responded well?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
So are those weeds soaking in the herbicide and dying? Which ones have not responded well?
Broadleaf weeds respond well, grassy weeds other than NG, not so well. Remember, I don't spray drought stressed turf for the most part. Trust me, if weeds weren't being taken care of or I was destroying turf, I would hear about it. I've been doing this a very long time and I absolutely hate service calls, especially if something I or one of my guys did is the reason for it.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 08-02-2011, 05:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Find your post count in Bumpville:
http://www.lawnsite.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=180628
Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

all of the spraying we did back a few weeks ago turned out well. it has got hotter and drier since that time but the weeds responded to the treatment ok. the weeds died it just is taking longer due to the slower uptake of the chemicals.

We currently have only 1 questionable lawn, it was yellowing last friday so i think it is good but it is about a week behind the rest
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
heat , spraying