Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a cub enforcer. 12 hours and no problems yet. Cuts great, runs great, I havent had any of the issues I have read about people having on here. Got a great deal on it and dont regret it. It has the same brand motor, Zero turn wheel motors as almost ever comparable machine out there. So far my dealer has been great. The hitch wasnt on it so, they got me a new one. I looked at Hustler sport, yazoo/kees esteem, husky. The hustler had cheaper wheel motors, Yazoo and husky are the same mower and they had the ZTR2800 wheel motos but didnt have the command engine, only had the courage. So, I went with the enforcer plus, it had a full suspension seat the others didnt have that. I guess to each his own. Good luck with whatever you chose.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G. View Post
I have a cub enforcer. 12 hours and no problems yet. Cuts great, runs great, I havent had any of the issues I have read about people having on here. Got a great deal on it and dont regret it. It has the same brand motor, Zero turn wheel motors as almost ever comparable machine out there. So far my dealer has been great. The hitch wasnt on it so, they got me a new one. I looked at Hustler sport, yazoo/kees esteem, husky. The hustler had cheaper wheel motors, Yazoo and husky are the same mower and they had the ZTR2800 wheel motos but didnt have the command engine, only had the courage. So, I went with the enforcer plus, it had a full suspension seat the others didnt have that. I guess to each his own. Good luck with whatever you chose.
Thanks for the reply. can you post or PM me what your good deal was? I can't get my local dealer to deal at all...straight list. I would buy online or out of state if needed to save some cash.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Thanks for the reply. can you post or PM me what your good deal was? I can't get my local dealer to deal at all...straight list. I would buy online or out of state if needed to save some cash.
That's funny. You think they'd want to give them away considering what they are selling. LOL

My Scag dealer also sells CC. I actually bought a Enforcer in the beginning. After 10hrs it had ate 3 deck belts! Then it wouldn't stay at full throttle while mowing. Every few minutes I had to push the throttle up. THEN, I try to change the cut height to 3in and with the deck all the way up, it was at 2-3/4in. It should be able to cut at 4in. After a few visits I told them they need to do something about it. He called CC and they agreed to exchange the mower. I get the new replacement and it's even worse then the first one. I didn't even bother with it. I went back inside and told them to refund the purchase. He didn't have a problem and told me I need a Scag. He was right. I've been happy with the Scag.

No matter what anyone says about how great CC is, they will always be junk in my book. Very poor quality control but then again, look where they come from! Do what you want but I can tell you, there's a lot more mowers out there that are WAY better in quality and craftsmanship for the same or close to, price.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I see every thread about cub you tell this story.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a local dealer selling a unit zforce ztr 48 or 54 for me it had 400 hours and they are asking 1900.00 it loks new make a deal on it ...if your interested i have their number
Old 08-04-2011, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
That's funny. You think they'd want to give them away considering what they are selling. LOL

My Scag dealer also sells CC. I actually bought a Enforcer in the beginning. After 10hrs it had ate 3 deck belts! Then it wouldn't stay at full throttle while mowing. Every few minutes I had to push the throttle up. THEN, I try to change the cut height to 3in and with the deck all the way up, it was at 2-3/4in. It should be able to cut at 4in. After a few visits I told them they need to do something about it. He called CC and they agreed to exchange the mower. I get the new replacement and it's even worse then the first one. I didn't even bother with it. I went back inside and told them to refund the purchase. He didn't have a problem and told me I need a Scag. He was right. I've been happy with the Scag.

No matter what anyone says about how great CC is, they will always be junk in my book. Very poor quality control but then again, look where they come from! Do what you want but I can tell you, there's a lot more mowers out there that are WAY better in quality and craftsmanship for the same or close to, price.
An you list then for me. " there's a lot more mowers out there that are WAY better in quality and craftsmanship for the same or close to, price." I need them to pull a leaf vac on 15 degress slopes and not scuff the turf when turning on the upside of the hill. thanks.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
An you list then for me. " there's a lot more mowers out there that are WAY better in quality and craftsmanship for the same or close to, price." I need them to pull a leaf vac on 15 degrees slopes and not scuff the turf when turning on the upside of the hill. thanks.
You would be better off with a garden type tractor. Kubota makes a 4wd tractor. They aren't cheap though. 15 degrees is a very steep hill. You'll have a hard time finding something that will work for what you're trying to do. Is the place yours or a customer? Also, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you bagging grass or is this for leaf clean up?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You would be better off with a garden type tractor. Kubota makes a 4wd tractor. They aren't cheap though. 15 degrees is a very steep hill. You'll have a hard time finding something that will work for what you're trying to do. Is the place yours or a customer? Also, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you bagging grass or is this for leaf clean up?
The bad news is this yard is mine nice fescue on a hill (what could be worse), I do not bag the grass only do the leaves. I hate tractors but I may have considered them.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tractors aren't that bad. Besides, you'll look like a Harry homeowner if you get one.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Tractors aren't that bad. Besides, you'll look like a Harry homeowner if you get one.
Great another one starting a business in the great recession! You don't think your Scag wil do the slope?

Tags
commercial , cub cadet , purchase , ztr