Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2003, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

need some help from the pros

Ok now for my third posting hope this one goes through. me and my firefighter buddy are about to start up a biz. We need to know what kind of financing is available for not so great credit buyers(i have a house and 2 cars but you know how life can treat you). We also need to know what some good advertising ploys are. I am good at being a business man wich is what i do now but my tan is horrible and my butt is twice its normal size so we for me im looking for something permanent. The mowing business ahs always been of great interest to me not only mowing but landscaping and sprinkler installation you know the works. Ok now im just talking but any info you guys have would be great for me and my partner. I also know its late in the season to get new lawns but im a go getter and am pretty much willing to do, anything(including walking oen the street naked with flyers though that probably would only hurt my business). Anyways tell me what you got i know your idead will be great.

thanks for the help
Old 05-12-2003, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what to tell ya...but I love the name ....billpayer lol
best of luck to you
Old 05-12-2003, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't quit your day job --- I do not think you are going to get any financing at a reasonable rate if you do not have a 'great' credit rating and I would not put my house and vehicles in any type of jeopardy.. If you insist on attempting to break into this business be aware that it will take at least two to three years just to build a skimpy customer base so go slow and it probably would be beneficial to pick up some used equipment but beware of how 'used' the stuff is, I still rue the day that I bought used because of all of the repairs that the equipment needed and I swore never to 'buy used' again. What does your area demand that you have (insurance, permits, license etc) before 'going into business' these costs can be very prohibitive. I don't mean to be Mr DOOM & GLOOM but you are picking a trade that is loaded with new LCO's. Try a using the SEARCH function as lots of information is available on this subject.
BobR