Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
True that...........
It is clearly evident it is unacceptable for some people to have more knowledge in some areas of irrigation than certain others. Yes .... this is a forum of professional adults.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
It is clearly evident it is unacceptable for some people to have more knowledge in some areas of irrigation than certain others. Yes .... this is a forum of professional adults.
Yes and no; I've not noticed too many newcomers over the years that seem to have their shiut together, but we can only hope that professionalism is not going the way of the 78 rpm record.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Yes and no; I've not noticed too many newcomers over the years that seem to have their shiut together, but we can only hope that professionalism is not going the way of the 78 rpm record.
Unfortunately I think it is going that way, and it is not restricted to just irrigation.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Will you damn kids knock it off? I'm trying to sleep!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Will you damn kids knock it off? I'm trying to sleep!
And stay off my lawn!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Im not aware of any regular poster on this forum that is content with half azz mediocrity. Lots of ways to skin a cat doesn't mean only one way is right. For me personally Mike is the only person who installs in the style I most prefer but Id have no complaints about any of the systems the regular posters install. Except for guys that run Netafim in grids all over the friggin yard and use vans.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree that Mike's designs and installs are probably the best on this site, just from reading here the last 8-10 years or so. Quality designs, quality materials. BUT - if I was to rely on selling that system here day in and day out, I would be in the unemployment line. So there has to be some give and take. Everyone hates to sacrifice quality, but you can still achieve a certain level of quality and efficiency.

As much as I hate to say it, I would suspect that even Mike's designs would still show occasional stress in the lawns if he was installing in TX, AZ or even CO when we see no rain for weeks and months, and the air has no humidity. Our weather forecasters here don't know the terms heat index or humidity levels. We just don't have it. The air is so dry here and in AZ that the moisture just gets sucked out within minutes, it seems. And then add in a constant wind this year, and it's even worse. Accepting a few stress areas here during the worst weather, should be the norm, rather than dump more water on. It's a friggin' high desert, semi arid climate for dog's sake. Shouldn't be growing bluegrass lawns here.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats the bottom line. Everyone would love to do top of the line systems for top dollar.
In reality , one still needs to eat. Not every customer wants or needs a top of the line system . They want green grass , plain and simple.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Not every customer wants or needs a top of the line system . They want green grass , plain and simple.
Not everybody needs a top of the line vehicle, when a Ford Focus will still get you to work just as a Mercedes would. Sure, the Mercedes may have a longer reliability factor (maybe) and the M is going to have more bells and whistles to make it more enjoyable ride. But, the Ford is still going to get you to work, and you'll have more coin left in the wallet to for other things. A homeowner in a tract home neighborhood that sits on a 1/8 acre where the homes are almost touching each other, is not going to pay $1500 a zone, when every other home is probably paying $400-$800 a zone, and the grass will be just as green.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Except for guys that run Netafim in grids all over the friggin yard and use vans.
Yea ... cause properly installing drip irrigation and using highly efficient MPRotators is hack work. Why don't you go ahead and throw ASV's into that list as well. Never ceases to amaze me how you step in your own shiit day after day after day.