Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #81  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Hey... I've never had a problem with the information you post. I know you've done your research. I know you know your ****. How long have you and I gone round and round over things? 3 or 4 years now? It's just the way you carry yourself here. You come off as an A$$hole every time you post! Until you have installed irrigation in every state represented here on this board your experience and opinions are limited to the work that you have done in northern / central CA. Everything is different by region. You're a smart guy.... you should realize this! Not everybody is going to do things the same way as you and not everybody who doesn't do things the same way as you is an idiot hack like you so desperately try to make them out to be.
Give it up, Jack, it matters only for the health of the plants: not you, not me, not Kiril.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Hey... I've never had a problem with the information you post. I know you've done your research. I know you know your ****. How long have you and I gone round and round over things? 3 or 4 years now? It's just the way you carry yourself here. You come off as an A$$hole every time you post! Until you have installed irrigation in every state represented here on this board your experience and opinions are limited to the work that you have done in northern / central CA. Everything is different by region. You're a smart guy.... you should realize this! Not everybody is going to do things the same way as you and not everybody who doesn't do things the same way as you is an idiot hack like you so desperately try to make them out to be.
Look Dude ... if you or anyone else cops an attitude with me expect to get the same in return. Treat me with respect, and I will do the same.

Yes you are right, there are differences in irrigation management around the country, due to different climate, soils, water quality, plants, etc..... but there are considerably more similarities, particular when you are talking about design and installation. Hydraulics and the laws of physics don't change from region to region or state to state .... do they? You are a smart guy, certainly you must realize this.

CA contains nearly every climate zone available, with a pretty wide variety of soils as well. If there is any single state that has the best chance of being able to represent the widest range of potential irrigation scenarios it is this state. So in the end what do we have ..... not so different after all.

And Mike is right .... in the end it comes down to an issue of managing soil and plant health .... nothing more. Hopefully in doing so, one is taking the necessary steps to use our natural resources responsibly.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,701
Ill contact Texas A&M and tell them to send the entire school of irrigation to you for a holy benediction.

Respect is a two way street. Anonymous posters with an attitude problem aren't going to get respected period.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Sprinkus's Avatar
Sprinkus Sprinkus is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,847
I can see by your coat, my friend,
you're from the other side,
There's just one thing I got to know,
Can you tell me please, who won?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
Can you tell me please, who won?
No one wins .... and you are one of the few people from TX on this board that I don't have a problem with.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 AM
txirrigation txirrigation is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 944
He is from cali... he is jealous of:

Our jobs
Our freedom
Our guns
And we don't have Pelosi

Other than that he will be your buddy if you agree with him all the time, and don't mention that his State is BROKE.

Where I am the wind blows between 10-30 mph all the time, and this year has been worse than that. Also we havn't dipped under 103 in a week and a half.

Also no rain for 6 MONTHS???? OMG that sounds like a good year to me. Honestly I can't remember the last time it rained, we had some scattered showers with the last storm in the gulf but it missed me.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
WalkGood WalkGood is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,910
To no one in particular:

Don't know how any plants ever survived with just rain drops, or when people used watering cans, garden hoses or these:


Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Other than that he will be your buddy if you agree with him all the time, and don't mention that his State is BROKE.
You are welcome to disagree with me, just get your facts straight before you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Where I am the wind blows between 10-30 mph all the time, and this year has been worse than that. Also we havn't dipped under 103 in a week and a half.
Pretty damn windy here too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Also no rain for 6 MONTHS???? OMG that sounds like a good year to me. Honestly I can't remember the last time it rained, we had some scattered showers with the last storm in the gulf but it missed me.
And here I thought the majority of TX was classified as a semi-arid climate, not a Mediterranean climate. Silly me .... why should we let facts stand in our way.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:46 AM
txirrigation txirrigation is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 944
So, as far as I can gather, it seems as though MP's have thier place in odd shaped areas.

In Medium throw distances it is better to use the rotor than the MP on turf.

Dirty water situations it is better to use a rotor

Low pressure (in my experince) is a good place to use the MP.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM
txirrigation txirrigation is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
You are welcome to disagree with me, just get your facts straight before you do.



Pretty damn windy here too.




And here I thought the majority of TX was classified as a semi-arid climate, not a Mediterranean climate. Silly me .... why should we let facts stand in our way.
East Texas is way different than West. Central is different than North. And North TX is completely different than South. Classifying the whole state of TX as one climate is a mistake. The only thing you can say about the whole State is that our bank roll is bigger than Cali's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.10512 seconds with 10 queries