Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Seems like alot of work I wish that they would just swap the entire unit out as we get no labor credit for this.I have swapped dozens out with new Pro C s and problems gone IM done with that controller.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I see this is an old thread and I am a Rancher not a Landscaper, but I have one of these boards that have the manufacturing defect the part number is 635575 and the date code is 11AP07. My Rainbird controller randomly gives me the MV ERR. I cannot get the link to the PDF file posted in this thread to work. I am a DIY, I live to far away from anyone for them to justify the trip out. I can install the"Jumper" or I can buy a new board, if I could locate one or the instruction to install the jumper. I would prefer just replacing the board. Thanks to anyone willing to help out.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you have a relationship with any Rain Bird distributors? I know mine still has a couple of dozen of the panel kit on hand. The kits didn't cost distributors anything, so maybe one can send a kit to you for shipping costs...

It's not the clock panel, but the board attached to the back wall of the box that the modules plug into that is the problem. I had to replace another one 2 months ago. It didn't show the MV Err message, but one of the modules was live all the time. Replacing the back panel fixed it and RB reimbursed my labor to boot (clock was only 6 months old).
Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Mv - err

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I do have the location that I bought the unit from and I will contact them about this board. My second option would be to buy a board from another company. When I searched online for that part number I had zero hits. So I though maybe someone new a company that would carry these parts. I have never had any major issues with Rainbird, but I am disappointed with their web sites lack of ability to email them about issues.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think you have an easier time buying a whole new controller. Whole goods can be priced more competitively than service parts.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://rainbird.custhelp.com/app/ans...ZFIzVU9ZQWs%3D

Here you go. Looks like you can call them direct and get the parts.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've replaced three this year. Gregg - how come Rainbird covers your labor? Lucky SOB. I've never put up a stink about it, but I'm sure I could get paid I did. I could probably bring up the whole TBird fiasco, and threaten to go all Hunter. But I am about to b!tch and complain about the DV valves.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I Richdel
Old 08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I Richdel
Hack!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
I've replaced three this year. Gregg - how come Rainbird covers your labor? Lucky SOB. I've never put up a stink about it, but I'm sure I could get paid I did. I could probably bring up the whole TBird fiasco, and threaten to go all Hunter. But I am about to b!tch and complain about the DV valves.
I'd heard of other guys getting their labor costs covered but was always left out. This time the new contractor rep offered. I told him this was my go-to residential controller these days, and how I hoped this was an isolated problem.

They cut a check to my distributor on my behalf in Rain Bird Bucks, which I think just means he was credited on his Rain Bird order. Guess I was in the right place at the right time.

I was burned on T-Birds years ago. But then I switched to Toro Super 700s and got burned on those too. And I'm not going to even get into Toro Vision controllers.