Click for Weather

Old 08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, stimulate the economy a little.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
or , buy a system . Throw it on a credit card , hawk it, its the American way.
Maybe Ill ask obama for a stimulus package!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Change those click click (impulse/impact ?) which have large orifices (holes) that the water shoots out of, to rotary heads with smaller nozzles. You'll get 3 maybe 4 rotary heads with smaller nozzles on a hose bibb setup. Depends on how much water your hose bibb can supply at one time.

You can buy the plastic impact heads w/stake very cheap at a big box store. Basically you just want the stakes that attach to garden hoses. Get a cheapie hose timer.
Thats what i have now a 5/8 hose from the hose bib to the $1.99 impact, then another 5/8 hose that goes about 10ft to the next cheapy impact, but i tried to add a 3rd and lost so much pressure they wouldnt even rotate. thus i was thinking the kind you put in the gound and make a pvc setup for it
Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Do you even need to water in Idaho? I didn't think it got warm enough.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskm01 View Post
Just get MP3000's on 2" pop-up heads married to a 1" pvc line. If you choose to put it on top of the ground, so be it, but you wont get anyone here to tell you that is a good idea. For just starting out, putting down some water and getting some turf established is better than not. Go forth and do it form the hose-bib, you'll be fine.
nope not looking for any atta boys here just somthing that will get water on the ground and cover the front yard. thats were i get confused is line size and proper heads to use, and am I limited to how long a line i can have since my goal is 4 or 5 heads on a 100ft straight. Id pay for just this answear since i know its an art you all have fine tuned but i appreciate the help, i had 5 sprinkler companies give me quotes and they were all rude and unhelpful so thats why i turned here
Old 08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well i bought a forclosed home and they yard didnt get watered for a year, i started watering the back and the grass came back so im working the front now. no its been in the 70s for the longest time now were in the 80s and its soooo nice
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroskie View Post
Thats what i have now a 5/8 hose from the hose bib to the $1.99 impact, then another 5/8 hose that goes about 10ft to the next cheapy impact, but i tried to add a 3rd and lost so much pressure they wouldnt even rotate
You need more hoses. Only run one or two heads on a hose. That's what the wye timer is for.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just run more hoses from the house to your sprinklers. One hose per sprinkler, if need be.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroskie View Post
Thats what i have now a 5/8 hose from the hose bib to the $1.99 impact, then another 5/8 hose that goes about 10ft to the next cheapy impact, but i tried to add a 3rd and lost so much pressure they wouldnt even rotate. thus i was thinking the kind you put in the gound and make a pvc setup for it

Go back and re-read my post to you, the one you QUOTED from me. Use the "spike" that those clicky clicks are mounted on and screwed into. Unscrew the impact head from the base. Screw in a cheapie small nozzled rotary head from the big box store. Or order online from sprinkler warehouse. You will need a 1/2" to 3/4" male threaded adapter to connect the 3/4" rotary head to the 1/2" hose spike base. Keep the hoses for portability.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Go back and re-read my post to you, the one you QUOTED from me. Use the "spike" that those clicky clicks are mounted on and screwed into. Unscrew the impact head from the base. Screw in a cheapie small nozzled rotary head from the big box store. Or order online from sprinkler warehouse. You will need a 1/2" to 3/4" male threaded adapter to connect the 3/4" rotary head to the 1/2" hose spike base. Keep the hoses for portability.
O ok I got ya i will pick some up, my local ACE harware has rain bird sprinklers so i will go down and pick some up. thanks for the help you should come over this way for next summer install a system for me