Register free!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you just bought the house , congradulations , now before you spend money on a luxury
(sprinkler system) bank a minimum of 6 months bills , preferably 12 months . Wait till you can afford a good system . Remember ......... there is nothing more permant than something done temporary. After 2 estimates , you probably should have cancled the rest if 2 prices were higher than you could afford that tells you something .
Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdirrigation View Post
you just bought the house , congradulations , now before you spend money on a luxury
(sprinkler system) bank a minimum of 6 months bills , preferably 12 months . Wait till you can afford a good system . Remember ......... there is nothing more permant than something done temporary. After 2 estimates , you probably should have cancled the rest if 2 prices were higher than you could afford that tells you something .
::::Prints that comment and studies it through the night:::::
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdirrigation View Post
thanks its an amazing house 2,100sqft on the golf course I was very lucky. My thing is yes its kinda spendy but i like to know who has what to offer, I dont settle on the cheapist bid but how they present them selves, equipment, referances, ect, ect. I just want it done right the first time and when I call with a problem I want them to come fix it
Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know good contractors are like spell check. Some just leave a bunch of misspelled words. Other use tools like spell check and get it perfect.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
I know good contractors are like spell check. Some just leave a bunch of misspelled words. Other use tools like spell check and get it perfect.
Though some work from a foreign dictionary (present company excluded)
Old 08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroskie View Post
thanks its an amazing house 2,100sqft on the golf course I was very lucky. My thing is yes its kinda spendy but i like to know who has what to offer, I dont settle on the cheapist bid but how they present them selves, equipment, referances, ect, ect. I just want it done right the first time and when I call with a problem I want them to come fix it
you could build an inground pool in the backyard and then only half to worry about the front.

serious, get a plan, do what you have to do till you get the money for an install.

without a plan, you're sunk. take the flow and pressure measurements, plot the lot and draw to scale. that's what everyone else will do. good luck with the home.