Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I'd lke to see an end on picture (in good light) of a G6 blade for a 60" 7 Iron deck if at all possible, to see how the lift fin looks. I that isn't possible, then maybe RM could post one of his?
Here is a comparison to the Gator Mulcher® Magnum to the G6™.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2011, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. Are those just stock pics, or are they actually the blades for the 7 Iron? I have noticed at my local dealer that gator magnum blades for different brands of machines seem to have different lift fin heights.
I am curious as to just exactly what the ones for 7 Iron look like. I have OEM high lifts on it now, which have a very high fin/sail, and they work awsome, but if I can get a G6 that has roughly the same lift fin height, I am more than willing to try them out.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

so far i'm very happy with the time i have had with them.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks. Are those just stock pics, or are they actually the blades for the 7 Iron? I have noticed at my local dealer that gator magnum blades for different brands of machines seem to have different lift fin heights.
I am curious as to just exactly what the ones for 7 Iron look like. I have OEM high lifts on it now, which have a very high fin/sail, and they work awsome, but if I can get a G6 that has roughly the same lift fin height, I am more than willing to try them out.
Those are general stock. The Magnum's did vary alot from blade to blade but the G6 are all very close to the same as this picture. There is a slight tolerance but not much. What size cut do you have?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
Those are general stock. The Magnum's did vary alot from blade to blade but the G6 are all very close to the same as this picture. There is a slight tolerance but not much. What size cut do you have?
I have a 60" 7 Iron.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
Thanks for the comments. We have no plans to change the G6(tm). It has proved as you stated to be the best version we have produced for the pro cutters like yourself. We are going to introduce on a limited basis this year a new blade called G5(tm) which has all the features of the G6(tm) but is made of a little lighter steel to help get the weight down a little for those machines that can't handle it. Still will have same lift and be 3" wide. Has to be 3" wide to allow us to get that extra high lift formed into the blade.
Will the G5 still have the durability (cutting edge) of the G6? If the steel will be lighter, then I assume the metallurgy will change.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Lawn Service View Post
Will the G5 still have the durability (cutting edge) of the G6? If the steel will be lighter, then I assume the metallurgy will change.
Posted via Mobile Device
Being lighter(G5) they will spin faster then the G6's more balde speed is good.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
Being lighter(G5) they will spin faster then the G6's more balde speed is good.
That may not necessarily be correct. A lighter blade will get to speed faster, but that's only a fraction of a minute at best anyway. The heavier blade has noticably more mass, and once you get it spinning at full rpm, it will take much more to drag it down in rpm's than the lighter one will (as in thick damp grass, or sod type grass that is very thick). Mass equals more consistant rpm on the blade compared to a lighter blade. All this is provided of course, that you machine has the engine hp to run them efficiently in the first place.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Lawn Service View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
The steel and all features will be the same. Instead of being 0.250" thick like the G6™ the G5™ will be 0.203" or less.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
That may not necessarily be correct. A lighter blade will get to speed faster, but that's only a fraction of a minute at best anyway. The heavier blade has noticably more mass, and once you get it spinning at full rpm, it will take much more to drag it down in rpm's than the lighter one will (as in thick damp grass, or sod type grass that is very thick). Mass equals more consistant rpm on the blade compared to a lighter blade. All this is provided of course, that you machine has the engine hp to run them efficiently in the first place.
My 25 hp mower handles them with no problems at all.thank you.