Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM
bx24 bx24 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MA/TX
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
What?


There is a reason for max application rates, and that's soil toxicity. Nothing to do with the plants, but for all wildlife and pets around homes.


...
sure but the guy was just stated what works for him and maybe others. I like Pre-M better for weeds then Dim..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM
BShaffer's Avatar
BShaffer BShaffer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gretna, LA
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
What?


There is a reason for max application rates, and that's soil toxicity. Nothing to do with the plants, but for all wildlife and pets around homes.


...
White Gardens, not real sure what your talking about?!? If your going to attempt to slam somebody you should bring sound science and logic to your argument. Pre-M is something I use, and it works for me. you dont have to use it. IS the climate in Bloomington, IL even remotely close to New Orleans? Probably not, just like green doctor uses flowable ronstar. I have used fert with ronstar many times, but would never use flowable. Our climate isnt conducive to it. Its a product that probably works great for him not me.

02 BS in Horticulture
04 MS in Plant Pathology
__________________
Brad Shaffer
Thrive of Louisiana L.L.C.
504-453-3633
Bshaffer@thrivelawns.com
www.thrivelawns.com

Last edited by BShaffer; 08-17-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: minor change
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by BShaffer View Post
heres another different one, I use alot of PRE-M. Alot of people think it is harsh on plant but I have never had any issues. and its cheap.
That one word is what I was referring to. Makes it sound like he wasn't concerned with the label and it's directions. Yes he might just making a general statement but it can be taken the wrong way, and maybe I did.

I use Pre-Em for my beds, never said it was a "bad" thing.
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,778
This is what I caught out of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BShaffer View Post
White Gardens, not real sure what your talking about?!? If your going to attempt to slam somebody you should bring sound science and logic to your blah blah, bla blah blah, bla bla, buh, bla bub bla ba.

02 Blah Blah
04 Bu Blah Blah
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM
BShaffer's Avatar
BShaffer BShaffer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gretna, LA
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
This is what I caught out of your post.



Best of luck to ya
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Page generated in 0.07927 seconds with 9 queries