Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-19-2011, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo

Just wondering we bought about $10,000.00 worth of new equipment 3 months ago. So far to date 80% of it is now non working paper weights. Has anyone else had this happen with string trimmers or edgers from echo. They refuse to warranty any of it. So far it's been bad gas, weather, abuse and maitance issues so they say. Now our equipment is stored in box trucks and steel shops. With equipment only being 3 months old that's hard to believe. I've been in the industry about 20 years and never had things like this go down. If you buy echo after reading this your a fool. Please feel free to respond awaiting responses
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its the EPA emissions regulations and whoever decided ethanol should be used in fuel. Id consider having your lawyer write a letter to Echo for the amount of money you are talking about. It has gotten to the point where almost every companies first response to a warranty claim is to deny. Same with insurance companies. Lawyers can be good motivators.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a SRM-225 a couple months ago. It was a toss between that and husqvarna, and I now wish I would have got a husky. The echo seems really bogged down until its ran for at least 5 mins. I've also notice that if I flip it on its side, or even it it just vibrates too much it will bog. I talked to the dealer and they said its normal? Lol, long story short.... I think echo is going down hill fast. I've heard more and more about them acting up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always run echo with no problems but, I talk to other LCO's and we all seem to have the same problem. I run a product called Seafoam in my gas.