Register free!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Service contracts for long term maintenance

I have recently been working on a golf course where I am a member. Agreed to do maintenance since the superintendent that performed the repairs left. I have been doing the work at a rate that is not profitable just to get things going. I need to come up with a long term proposal that is profitable yet reasonable. There is constant repair and many things that can be done on regular basis as preventative maintenance.

My question is on a long term service contract where you know you will log many hours over the year how much of a hourly discount, if any do you give? If any of you are performing work for a large system that you regularly check on and service can you give an example of what your contract covers.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ArTurf - I have many many years performing service work under contract to different golf courses.
The very first thing you absolutely have to get in writing from the course is their maintenance budget. Once you have this info a very thorough site evaluation is needed to determine how effective the budget is verse the work that has to be performed.
Time and space will not allow me to write all of this here so call me on my cell at 830-613-2006 after 4pm most days and I'll talk to you about all of what you need and what you need to watch out for.
I will say this, if the course has the attitude of paying for maintenance on an "as needed" basis you will have a terrible time developing a maintenance strategy where you turn a profit.
Overall, just call me and I'll tell you what I know about these types of arrangements.
If you do call make sure you have a pen and paper ready to make notes.
Steve
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tx,
Haven't had a chance to call you as I have been on the golf course till dark every day. OK if I call you on the weekend?