Register free!

Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Brown Patch

I am almost positive that I have brown patch in my personal lawn...we redid my yard last fall, looked amazing this spring (Defiance TTTFescue), then the very long hot and dry summer pretty much killed it (i just let nature take it's course)...for some reason i can't upload the picture from my iphone...i have a before picture that will upload but the after picture won't for some reason?...anyhow, it started out as multiple rings about 18" in diameter in the sunny part of the yard that eventually all joined together, now that part of the lawn is 90% "dead." I can't tell if the disease all joined together or if it's a combination of that and heat stress. my question is, is this grass dead if it is in fact brown patch or will it come back?

I will try to figure out how to upload this picture because it's pretty amazing how distinct the rings are...looks like a bunch of ufo's landed in my yard
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well this is the before picture, i took another after the disease did it's thing on the same phone, same location, same file size, etc. and for some reason i cant upload it...still trying to figure it out
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2011, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Haphazardly guessing if something is wrong in th middle of a heat/drought episode is meaningless... wait and see what you have once you got cooler temps and moisture... if the turf is stressed, leave it alone is a good rule of thumb...