Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2011, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Some of my stuf

Enjoy all of your pics so here is some of mine.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati996 View Post
I'm not Ramair but the 400cx has much more lifting ability (as well as the quick park FEL setup) over the 400x FEL. The Quick attack on the FEL makes it much more universal (and basically offers the world of unlimited skid steer attachments) and stays away from the propriety setups of Deere. Depending on the attachment you just have to concern yourself with hydraulic flow.

This may sound controversal but I really think Deere should not offer any X loaders, only the CX. Here is why; the majority of buyers dont realize the limits on the X compared to the CX loaders. The dealers offer these amazing deals on tractors with X loaders. But what they dont tell you it limits the resale potential because "smart buyers" are looking for the CX performance along with the ease of removing the loader with the CX. To what benefit is it to the user when they get a loader for less? what they dont say clearly for the money saved you give up way too much both short term and long term, especially with resale. Folks wont buy a X loader because of this and will pass on your tractor for the next...

Just my observations
actually the 400cx only lifts 250lbs or so more than the 400x loader unit.

I swore it was more too :/ And the adapter "skid steer style" plates were still an option and can be had on BOTH models, if you plan to use them, theyre actually BETTER on the 400x b/c the self levelers mess up the plates when trying to mount a bucket, "one left paddle can be out forward more or less than the right paddle" , if you understand what im trying to say... sometimes i have to just get out and line both up if weve moved them too much with the hydraulic lever inside
Old 06-25-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
actually the 400cx only lifts 250lbs or so more than the 400x loader unit.

I swore it was more too :/ And the adapter "skid steer style" plates were still an option and can be had on BOTH models, if you plan to use them, theyre actually BETTER on the 400x b/c the self levelers mess up the plates when trying to mount a bucket, "one left paddle can be out forward more or less than the right paddle" , if you understand what im trying to say... sometimes i have to just get out and line both up if weve moved them too much with the hydraulic lever inside
"Only 250 lbs or so"....that by itself is significant itself but Deere states it being 25-30% more, so it is indeed more than what you said....

Quik-Parkô Mounting allows easy installation or removal of loader

Loader boom is contoured for improved forward visibility

Mechanical self-leveling:
Keeps load level as customers raise and lower the boom
Makes customers more efficient and allows for easier operation

Improved durability over 400X - 6mm, high tensile-strength to ensure long life and durability

25-30% more lifting capacity than the 400X

Optional skid steer carrier - allows for use and quick change with skid steer attachments

Again the pluses so much outweigh the negatives (price difference maybe one?)....the 400x is not a desired FEL and it will impact resale....they should no longer offer the 400x, or any of the X option (200x, 300x, 400x), causes more harm than good

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's mine: 2010 3520 with 300CX FEL and Frontier 1172 RB. Also have a Frontier CA 2060. Getting ready to order a 5ft KK Rototiller and QA Pallet Forks. Thats my father with his old reliable JD 730. We're retired dairy farmers since 1998.
He's the original Iron Man. The dude is 91 years old. Last year he tripped going down the stairs in the garage and hit the car's front fender with his shoulder. Put a big dent in the fender and he kept on going like nothing happened. Not even a bruise.

Couple of years ago he was walking up the front steps to a house and tripped, struck the bottom panel of the storm door and blew it right off the door. Got up and went inside like nothing happened. Sorry I know this is about tractors but he's my Dad and my best buddy so I had to give him his props.

He was glad I went green. So am I, I love my 3520.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS Lawns View Post
Here's mine: 2010 3520 with 300CX FEL and Frontier 1172 RB. Also have a Frontier CA 2060. Getting ready to order a 5ft KK Rototiller and QA Pallet Forks. Thats my father with his old reliable JD 730. We're retired dairy farmers since 1998.
He's the original Iron Man. The dude is 91 years old. Last year he tripped going down the stairs in the garage and hit the car's front fender with his shoulder. Put a big dent in the fender and he kept on going like nothing happened. Not even a bruise.

Couple of years ago he was walking up the front steps to a house and tripped, struck the bottom panel of the storm door and blew it right off the door. Got up and went inside like nothing happened. Sorry I know this is about tractors but he's my Dad and my best buddy so I had to give him his props.

very cool tractor and cool story about your Dad...enjoy them both !

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

hey nice pics what part of the shore are you on?? i was working down Cambridge for a while still go down to oxford with my pop for fishing all the time.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS Lawns View Post

Nothing wrong with the memories you share. Nice pics, and thanks for sharing.

Will

Old 08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all your kind words guys.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Please excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain (or point me to a link) as to why a tractor is/can be more valuable than a skid steer. My experience is deep with skid steer's but non-existant with tractors.

By the way, I really respect and enjoy the many tractor owner's that take great care and pride in their tractor of choice. It's just awsome!

Joe