Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I laughed at your comment: "I guess someone forgot to tell him to stay out of view of their live webcams they have at the dealership"

The guy sounds like a real tool. Best of luck and keep the updates coming.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcp View Post
I laughed at your comment: "I guess someone forgot to tell him to stay out of view of their live webcams they have at the dealership"

The guy sounds like a real tool. Best of luck and keep the updates coming.
In the words of my childhood hero Mr T....." I pitty da foo!"

And to add more to the stink pile.... the name of the business he used on my invoices(3 of them) for this mower was dissolved in 2007 and According to the NC secretary of state, that qualifies as a federal offense for business fraud. But hey, he will give ya free shipping within 1000 miles if you buy a mower from him. It should come with a tube of ky jelly too, cause youll soon figure out what you need that for after you buy from him.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you sent this thread to Badboy and the State Attorney General?

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Have you sent this thread to Badboy and the State Attorney General?
Yes, Bad Boy says they will be out after labor day to look at it(gotta get that big vacation out of the way first before they help somebody) and the attorney general for NC is where I found out the company name that he used on my invoices doesnt exist anymore.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfabinc View Post
Yes, Bad Boy says they will be out after labor day to look at it(gotta get that big vacation out of the way first before they help somebody) and the attorney general for NC is where I found out the company name that he used on my invoices doesnt exist anymore.
Interesting, most likely this dealer is seasoned in the civil courts. Do a search on your local municipal courts website and check out his history. This way you will be prepared on his legal tatics. Find out how the company is assembled (LLC, INC, Co.), you may be able to find out if he has partners and if so then you can start making some noise with them also find out who his distributor is (not sure if BB even goes through Distributors) and contact them. Also get on your county auditor website, find out who owns the property on which his business resides, if it's different than the owner you know of make some noise with the person and file for a lien on the property if you win a judgement. Also check to see if his taxes are paid in full. Check criminal records as well. The more you know the better

Some benefits of owning rental properties, easy way to learn the truth about people.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Interesting, most likely this dealer is seasoned in the civil courts. Do a search on your local municipal courts website and check out his history. This way you will be prepared on his legal tatics. Find out how the company is assembled (LLC, INC, Co.), you may be able to find out if he has partners and if so then you can start making some noise with them also find out who his distributor is (not sure if BB even goes through Distributors) and contact them. Also get on your county auditor website, find out who owns the property on which his business resides, if it's different than the owner you know of make some noise with the person and file for a lien on the property if you win a judgement. Also check to see if his taxes are paid in full. Check criminal records as well. The more you know the better

Some benefits of owning rental properties, easy way to learn the truth about people.
Thanks for the Info.. Im sure our attorney will explore every route on this guy. I hate to have to go to that point, but when you give someone plenty of chances to make it right and they dont, its on to the next step.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfabinc View Post
Thanks for the Info.. Im sure our attorney will explore every route on this guy. I hate to have to go to that point, but when you give someone plenty of chances to make it right and they dont, its on to the next step.
Did you call the rep back and tell him what this dealer said? They may take away his dealership. Contact the TV news channel about the dealer. They may want to do a show warning people about him, let them dig up the dirt on him for you.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 08-24-2011, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Member

There was a guy in West Chicago IL. years ago who had a Sears lawn tractor that they wouldn't/couldn't fix.

He hung it from a very large tree about 15 ft. up with a large sign hanging from it along a major state RT. 59 until he got satisfaction.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Smith, tried to send you a pm, but couldn't pull up on phone. Legally there is not much you can do, I hope the lawyer explains this to you before he takes any of your money. We even have a 3 day right of recision in TX, but it doesn't apply to equipment, only houses. I am not trying to be a know it all or anything, but I would pursue other avenues before I went the legal route. On equipment, its basically a bill of sale from the seller to the buyer, address etc is usually irrelevent. As is where is, warranty will be supplied by manufacture and dealer is supposed to honor warranty (but has the right to refuse any biz), return policy is decided upon from the seller at his discretion. I know it sucks, I've been there before with a new grand am I bought for my girlfriend. 17 times in the dealer for repairs in 6000 miles, 8 of them having to be towed in still lemon law didn't apply yet, has to be the same issue more than 3 times, not different ones. I have heard lots of good things about the dealer your referring to, and he really seems to care about customer issues when I visit with him. I thought they had a pretty smooth operation too (not rinky Dink). I am not an employee for bad boy or your dealer nor do I speak for them nor do I know the whole situation. Here is my 2 cents. Drop your mower off with Ted, visit with him calmly, ask him to please fix your mower in a timely manner and show him what you are referring to on the cut. You don't want any finger pointing you just want the unit you gave 11gs for to operate like it should. He said she said never flies, he could have told you it would fly and ran on gps that mowed yards for you itself, Simply put it if he can't fix your issues and get it to cut right, simply tell him then to exchange for a unit that will operate as it should or simply give you your money back so you can purchase something that will. If they do grind your brake pad (which is not the proper fix..LOL) it will be on them to replace.
If it does sit there for 4 weeks, atleast the rep will see when he gets there that the dealer had ample time to fix issues. I guaranty you this, if you handle it this way, i will bet my dealership that you will either have a mower fixed, replaced, or your money back (minus use wear and tear..they call it a restocking fee anywhere from 10% to 25% sucks i know...) a week after the bb rep talks to you. I have seen bad boy go waaay above and beyond for their customers, but the best way to get there is to be reasonable. Any exchange or refund will be one of those favors to save face, but first just see if they can make it right. The only statement that has ever pissed anyone off from a customer is the I will Sue you or get my lawyer card, for me it would be a dead deal from then on, but I go above and beyond for anyone, might as well have punched my wife because its about the same in my book. I promise you both bb and the dealer would love this resolved to avoid having an unhappy customer, but some situations are irreversable. At this point replacing your mower, or giving your money back will not help them at all, just fixing the mower and hoping you will get past all this and like your machine is the hope that both parties prolly have at best.... just trying to give another point of view to maybe smooth this process out for you...
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by retrodog; 08-24-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Did you call the rep back and tell him what this dealer said? They may take away his dealership. Contact the TV news channel about the dealer. They may want to do a show warning people about him, let them dig up the dirt on him for you.
When I called the rep back, all he could say was he would try to be out after labor day to look at the problems. There is a local news channel that is going to hear about this by the end of the week, because I hope nobody ealse goes through this with this dealer. They LOVE doing reports on shady businesses.
Closed Thread